Last weekend my family had the pleasure of going to spend the day with the "cows & horses" for a roping, wrangling, riding good old fashioned cowboy time! First we had box seats to see the show. So nice to be that close to all the action.
We're ready, dressed in our cowboy finest, and ready to see some "stuff"
Some of the "stuff"...
More stuff...
Some other stuff... Is it obvious I know nothing about cows or horses or any kind of event they might be in? But hey look how close we were!!
And a little less than halfway through Aiden and I both realized, we're not cowboy types?? I know..try not to fall off your chair with that announcement...
But about halfway through we were thinking we might need some other forms of entertainment...
Aiden stood closer
and waved to the cows and horses. But my entire city slicker family was about ready to get up and go see what else we could find before the show was over. In our defense I think it only had about 20 mins left when we called it quits. And what did we find???
TRACTORS! Aiden loved the tractors. Loved loved loved the tractors.
More cows and horses with Jarod & Beth.
Ready to go in and see the exhibits with gigi & poppy.
More tractors
By far our favorite thing of the day was all the tractors. Aiden and his motor vehicles, he's a big fan!
I like this picture. It's like aiden is telling poppy what he should be doing out on the land...or the farm? or the pasture? I'm kind of fuzzy about what exactly tractors do too.
This picture tells a whole other story entitled "gigi & poppy are pushovers!!!" Aiden pointed to the BIGGEST toy tractor they had at the John Deere exhibit and said he wanted "that one". We tried to convince him that he wanted a smaller one but nope he was pretty set on "that one" and Poppy caved and bought it for him. Actually there really wasn't ever an argument, aiden said that one, poppy said which one, are you sure that one, yes that one, Ok. I don't know this man. Not the same dad I grew up with :)
But side note: Best money ever spent. Aiden loads and unloads this tractor all. day. long. He loads it, he dumps it, loads it and dumps it and sleeps with the huge thing right next to him. And he says out loud "thank you poppy for tractor" at least a few times a day.
We ventured away from the tractors for just a few minutes to pet some baby cows? calves? Calf? Let's go with small cow.
So cute.
And then we found some more tractors :)
And then on the way out...2 cowboys taking one last look.
It was great fun and I'm glad we took aiden, even if I do think he will be more of a city boy, it was a fun way to spend a morning. Already looking forward to next year and what that will look like! :)

2 comments:
Cool photos! I forgot he went last year since I didn't get to go. That will be neat to compare the years!
Cute - Cute pictures. I just love Aiden's little vest. He almost looks authentic. But, my favorite is the picture taken of David and Aiden from the back. I had a flashback of the 60's and LBJ on the campaigne trail, and Daddy with his Stetson.
Post a Comment