Saturday, September 24, 2011

1st T-ball Game- Go Cardinals!

We have signed aiden up to play tball for the first time this fall. He is on team CARDINALS which is a 3/4 year old team. It is our first year together and for some/ most of these little boys it is their first time playing EVER so it is quite entertaining to watch them play a game that sometimes resembles t-ball!

Today we had over half the kids act like they had never seen dirt before. Especially my little all star who the entire time he was in the outfield would be scooping dirt into his glove. We had 2 kids get confused what game they were playing and would run over and try to tackle the kid with the ball. We had 90% of the kids who when they actually got the ball had no clue what they were supposed to do with it. Pretty much every other batter got confused which way they should run once they had batted and many ran back towards the dugout. It's a great time!

Did I mention that Ben is the team coach? He is great with them. Ben has so much patience it's unreal. I could not do that. Ben's pretty amazing when it comes to the game of baseball though having played year round from 3 yrs old through college, Baseball is kind of his thing.

My little all star!
Coach Ben with his helpful assistant Cyrus!
Grandpa & Grammy came to support Aiden and we were soooo glad they were there cause it turns out I had more to do during the game than I had anticipated and I was glad to be able to let them take care of hallie.
Already making sweet friendships :)
We had a couple missing but our little cardinals in the dugout
Aidens first turn at bat
And the outfield....Oh the dirt.
Waiting for his turn to bat, go ahead and lay down and make yourself comfortable there.
Trying to hold him back until it's his turn to go bat.
2nd turn at bat. He had a rough go 2nd time around. Kept hitting the T and getting mad.
Getting instruction from coach/ daddy
Grandpa even went into the field to help base coach
After game snack. I made baseball cupcakes with the kids numbers on them.
I even made some extras!
Jarod & beth came out to support Aiden too!
Such a good cheering crowd! :) Beth is just oh so excited about t-ball!
Thanks for coming!!!!

It was a great first game, great first effort by the cardinals. I'm sure the games will continue to run smoother each week and our little champs will get the hang of the game. It's gonna be a fun season for sure!

post signature

3 comments:

Scooter Cox said...

I am so sad we missed the first game.

I am so happy Allison and David could be there as well as Jarod and Beth. I know it was fun for everybody.

I love those smiles on Aiden's face.

Sweet little friendships are forming and he is learning so much

Ben is the perfect coach for 3 and 4 year olds Kudos to Ben.

Hey and kudos to Jen for baseball cupcakes!!!

I would say 1st T ball game was great!!

Debbie said...

Oh - Fun - Fun!! How special for him that his own very patient Daddy is his coach!!!

Grandma Karen said...

These are just the cutest pictures ever!! Brings back so many great memories of Ben and the other grandsons at that age. The cupcakes are a great idea.