The week after we got back from Padre I had the pleasure of helping my brother and sister in law with their gender reveal party. Jarod & Beth chose me to be their "secret keeper" so that I could be in charge of the reveal things for the party. The party was held at Joe T's in fort worth and all family was invited to come out and find out what the gender of little baby cox would be!!!
I met Jarod & beth at their Dr's office on the monday of the sonogram to get the sealed envelope with the sonogram picture inside. Not even the parents-to-be knew the gender of their lil one before the party. Once I opened the envelope and relished in the idea of being an aunt (again! I already have 1 precious nephew from ben's sister), cried, a little, and started to plan my future as the aunt of this precious baby...I got to work on my task!!! We had decided to have a pinata for the "reveal moment" and I had already done that before-hand in blue and pink so all I had to do was fill it with the appropriate color. We ordered special cupcakes and I framed the sonogram pic for the parents-to-be and then for the most part I was ready to go for "Gender reveal 2012".
Like I said, I was 100% honored that Jarod & beth allowed me to be a part of their special moment & that they trusted me to be the secret keeper. However; I wasn't quite prepared for how hard it would be to keep the secret!!! Of curse I would have loved to shout the news from the rooftops but I was capable of controlling myself, I wasn't prepared for that the people around me would not be as well behaved!! Such as...mamaw who called & came by randomly to see if she could "help me with anything", my dad who just by-passed actually trying to get the information out of me but started telling everyone that I had told him (I Never did!!!!!), My husband who I never would have guessed turned into a little sneak-sneaking around our house looking for pink/ blue things and then trying to trick me in conversation, and then my mom who was the only one who openly admitted that she had no self control and therefore wouldn't be talking to me until party time cause everything I said or didn't say she would analyze and try to figure out what the baby was!!! Then there was aiden- who of course never asked but I was sneaking around my own house doing party prep, scared to death that my precious and very vocal 4 year old would spill the beans about anything he might see! Sheesh- My family- Patience & secrets are NOT our thing!!! But I promise, come party time NO ONE knew the baby's gender but me!!
PARTAY TIME!!!
The Dale Cox family (it's a big family :) +mamaw, sherry & brandi
The guests of honor!!!
Grogan Fam
Aiden & Blake sitting at the "Big boys table"
Me, Hallie & Ben
Alright it's time!!! Jarod explaining what's about to happen. Pink= Girl, Blue=Boy
Discussing strategy
Here we go....
It's a GIRL!!!!!!
ok So aunt Jen may have done her job a bit too well, I wanted everyone to have PLENTY of beads to wear but the pinata was packed a smidge tight!!! :)
YAYYYYY!!! Could not be more thrilled that they are having a precious daughter & I get a NIECE!!!
They also announced that night that her name will be Molly Anne. Perfect!
Jarod & beth with beth's dad & fam
With Beth's mom & Fam.
**Jarod absolutely drives me bonkers in all these pictures!!! He's doing his "jarod eyes" in soooo many of them. He thinks he can simultaneously be looking around the room while still in a picture. Boo Jarod it doesn't work that way!!**
With the big boys.
With Gigi & Poppy, Excited for their 4th grandchild!
With mamaw
With us!!! The most excited aunt & uncle and cousins there ever were!!!!
Ok so the cousins don't look all that excited in this pic but they are!!!
There's alllll those coxes!
Grogans
And Bryant's!
Tom was flying and couldn't be with us but he was missed!
Me & my sis with our baby bags!!! mamaw had brought both a boy or a girl gift to the party and since Miss Molly is a girl, Charley Ray got the blue present! Yay for cousins who will be so close!! :)
And finally...I just like this picture of Gigi & Miss Priss.
It was a truly wonderful night, I was so glad I got to be a part of it & I still get tickled pink every time I think about having a niece. So happy for you guys!!!









3 comments:
Well, I love - love - LOVE the name Molly. It should be noted that when You were pregnant with Hallie, there was a moment in time on the blog that you wanted to hear suggestions for a girls name for Baby Moltz. My suggestion was MOLLY!!! So, YEAH!! My name is going to get used after all. :-)
Can't wait to meet Molly Cox. And you did a fabulous job on the Reveal party.
On a side note. *
Really glad Baby Boy Moltz is going to be Charley Ray and not Ray Charles!! ha ha
Can't wait for Charley Ray and Molly to get here! fun fun
It was a great party and you did a fabulous job of keeping it a secret.
Love Molly so much already. Can't wait until Charley and Molly are here.
Thanks for being such a great secret keeper and making our special night so memorable. It is a memory Jarod and I will always cherish. So fun to celebrate Molly with family. I cant wait to tell her about her first party. I know she will thank Aunt Jen for all her help.
Charley and Molly will be great friend/cousins!
Post a Comment