Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Snow, Snow, Snow
Oh my goodness what a whirlwind the last week has been. Yes I finally finished my finals, thanks to those who asked. I took my last final at 7 am this monday. Our final grades have not been posted yet but I know I passed all my classes and right now that alone makes me happy. As I said in previous posts now that I am out of school I am going full speed ahead trying to get everything together before we leave for christmas. My very wonderful mamaw bought aiden the furniture he needs for his room (the crib, changing table and mattress) and my equally wonderful mom and dad bought us the glider and ottoman we wanted. The glider and ottoman had to be specially ordered so that won't come in for 12 weeks so it's a good thing I got it done now!!! The crib and changing table are ready to be picked up from babies R us. However; ben and I decided we thought we could pick up the furniture ourselves in the trailblazer and not pay the delivery cost so we got up early this morning to go pick it up.....yeah the crib won't fit. The box is way too big! So now we are going to have to borrow a truck from a friend of ben's and go pick it up early next week. Other than that minor hiccup, we are getting things done at a rapid pace!!! We completely cleaned out the guest bedroom and organized everything that was in that closet to go in bins so they could be moved to other places. We sold the desk, chair, and bookshelf to make room for baby aiden's stuff and we have decorated our house for christmas. So for now we are at a stand still until we can go pick up the furniture. The rest of the week (when I am not working) I am going to work on aiden's scrapbook and get all of our stuff washed and packed to go home for christmas!!! Maybe it is nesting or maybe it is just being efficient, I don't know but I feel a great need to have everything set up and ready before we leave for christmas. Also on monday we went to the hospital and signed up for our childbirth classes and they start january 10 and last for 5 weeks, one night a week. I'm not sure we will go to all 5 but like one is the hospital tour and introduction, one is the anesthesia class, one is a breastfeeding class, one is a baby care class, etc. So we will see, should be interesting!!! Also on that note, we finally got registered at Babies R Us on monday. We felt like complete idiots because they gave us this list of stuff "every new parent needs" and we are looking at the list and don't know what half of that stuff is much less if we need it. Ben and I are like is there a "parenting for dummies" section??? The whole experience made me feel very overwhelmed and I have no idea if we are registered for the right amount of stuff, too much stuff, not enough stuff, the wrong kinds of stuff?? I don't know. But we did the best we could. Anyways I will post the link to go to the registry if you want to see what we are registered for. Also I am so incredibly excited because my awesome aunt kimberly is going to give me a shower while we are in town on the 23rd!! I am so excited because it will give me the chance to see people I wasn't sure I would get the chance to see so I am sooooo thrilled about it. I am just soo thrilled about christmas too, I am ready to go!! Counting down the days....anyways that's all I have for now. Go to my registry (Babiesrus.com)and you moms out there let me know what ya think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
As soon as you get the furniture take pictures so everyone can see what your colors and bedding looking like.
I will ask Ashley to look at your registry and advise you.
glad your tests are over--I'm sure you did great.
You may be nesting but that is a good thing.
do take pictuers of aiden's room.
it is cold and deary here today.
can't wait to see all "3" of you!!
love, mamaw
Post a Comment