Aiden is 1 month old today! I cannot believe how time has flied. I took him to the doctor this morning and he weighed 9lbs 4oz!! I could not believe it! He has gained 3 whole pounds since he was born! I talked to the doctor about his weight gain cause I was starting to worry that it might be a little excessive, but he is gaining at the exact right speed and he is still small for his age. He is in the 30th percentile. But hey he started out so tiny so I think he is gaining speed at a record pace! He has also grown a little over 2 inches since he was born. He is now 22 inches long. I am really confused (now more than ever) why his newborn clothes are still too big. We have been trying a few things on him and they are definitely starting to fit better but for the most part they are still too big. Oh well. His preemie clothes are now too small so he will have to wear the newborn! I will take a 1 month old picture of him later today! He is napping right now. Aiden also got a couple of shots today which really hurt my heart. He was very good, he screamed when the nurse pricked him and then he cried for a couple of minutes but then he was fine. I cried all the way home. This made me think back on all the times when my parents would tell me "this is going to hurt me more than it hurts you"...usually right before I got a spanking or something and I always thought that was complete bull. Now I don't think so. Those shots definitely hurt me more than they hurt Aiden.
Ok so this past weekend we had Uncle Jarod and Beth come to visit. It was a lot of fun. Sometimes I get so caught up in my "mommy" routine that I forget what it is like to spend time with other adults! Ha! Jarod actually said to me a couple of times..."why dont you go out and be with the three dimensional people?" haha so I did get out a little while they were here. Beth and I went to get pedicures (courtesy of uncle jarod!) and ben and jarod went to sports authority. Not at the same time of course because aiden never got out. We are still trying to wait until at least that 6 week mark. We had a very good visit though. We looked at wedding magazines and talked about weddings and we played games (much to jarods dismay!). We made big breakfast every day and I even made them my specialty pesto pasta. Jarod and Beth even got to bathe Aiden! It was a really good visit.Here is the slideshow of their visit!
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love the slide show. I particularly like Jarod giving Aiden a bath in his starched shirt and Beth in the bathtub with her beads on. :-)
I am so proud of Aiden and how good he is eating and growing. He will be in NB clothes before long.
Can't wait to see him.
love to all!
My favorite picture is of uncle Jarod and Adien "talking"...where it's just their faces. What a GREAT shot. Loved the slide show. Love you all, Sherry
LOOOOOOOVE all the new pictures!! You sure can tell Aiden is filling out now.
So glad that the four of you got to have such a good weekend last weekend. The first of many more to come. :-)
He's really growning fast now. Don't worry about him growing into his clothes too fast. That could get very expensive, and besides, he seems to have alot of really cute clothes to show off. Such a lucky little boy. :)
Love you all
Post a Comment