Saturday, May 17, 2008

Aiden is 2 months!!!

I cannot believe time has flown so quickly. It seems like yesterday that I was staring at the 6 different positive pregnancy tests I took. Now Aiden is 2 months old. Crazy!!!! He went to the doctor yesterday for his 2 month check up and he now weighs 12 lbs 6 oz!!!! He is getting so big. He is in the 70th percentile. I was so amazed! It seems weird that he is now considered a little on the large side for his age and yet he is BARELY fitting into 0-3 month clothes. His newborn are still the ones that fit the best and as for 3 month those swallow him whole. Who is making baby clothes???

Yesterday he had to get his 2 month old shots, 2 in each leg and it was by far the most traumatic thing he and I both have endured in his short little life. I put my head down by his while I "held" him down for the shots and he immediately began to scream bloody murder and I balled my eyes out. He screamed for a good 30 minutes straight before he calmed down and fell asleep. When he woke up he started screaming again and it was very obvious that he was in pain. The doctor warned me that this might be the case that infants little legs can stay sore for up to 3 days but just to watch him and take his temperature to make sure he doesn't have a reaction. It was a very stressful ordeal and Ben had to work yesterday morning so I was trying to handle it on my own. We gave him baby tylenol and that seemed to dull the pain enough for him to go back to sleep and when he woke up at 6pm he was better and ready to eat. He hadn't eaten since 10 in the morning so that was making me nervous too. He continued to be fussy most of the night last night but was considerably better and today he is like his old self again. I have been testing his little legs (just moving them and touching them) to see if he would start to fuss because they were sore to the touch but they dont seem to be. So I think we are ok but it was a sad day for both of us yesterday.

Now because of how the shots went I didn't get the chance to take his 2 month old picture....(I dont really care to remember the screaming sad baby) so I will take them today. Look for that in the next post. He is napping right now so when he gets up we are going to have a fashion show and see what all fits in his closet.

Another milestone that we have just hit is that Aiden has outgrown his newborn diapers. So we have started putting size 1 on him this week. The problem though is that while the newborn are now too small the size 1 are too big. Newborn is supposed to be up to 10 lbs and size 1 is supposed to fit between 8-14. Again dont know who is making these distinctions because he is over 12 pounds and they are to big, like way too big...we have to double the sides over each other. We have been using pampers since he was born because we tried huggies and they leaked all the time so we have stuck with pampers because I LOVE how absorbent they are and they never seem to leak, but I am thinking of trying a new brand and seeing if there is that big of a difference because pampers are definitely the most expensive. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Obviousely someone with no kids designs diapers and clothes :)

Glad he went to the doctor and checked out great, but I always hated the visits that they had to get their shots. I guess we all forgot to tell you about how shots affect the baby. Glad Aiden is better today. I think it was worse for you than him. You will always remember yesterday, he won't. :)

Thanks for the phone call this afternoon.

give the boys a kiss for me.