Monday, July 11, 2011

Cars 2

Next up on the summer fun list (that I'm actually blogging anyways) was taking aiden to see Cars 2 in the IMAX! I have been sooooooo excited for this to come out cause he loved the first one so much but I hate to say it was a bit of a let down :( The story line is definitely geared towards older kids with more adult subtext than the 1st one had. Basically a lot of it was over his head. Like the James Bond version of Cars or something. But oh well we had a fun afternoon as a family and were very glad that Grammy and Papaw could join us for this adventure. It was Hallie's first trip to the silver screen and I have to say I think she may have enjoyed it even more than Aiden. She sat and watched bright eyed the whole time whereas he got fidgety for about the last 45 minutes. Oh well! Check that off our TO-DO list!!




post signature

4 comments:

Scooter Cox said...

Love the photos with David and Aiden in their 3D glasses.

Miranda said...

Hmm...we were thinking of hitting up cars 2, I'm thinking we'll wait for another one, that's the second ho-hum review I've heard.

Glad you guys had fun though!

Jennifer said...

Yeah miranda I'd skip the expense if I were you, Lucas may get more of it since he's a bit older but it would be over kyle's head and honestly at times while struggling with both kids I was confused at parts....cars turned into other cars, cars were trying to kill other cars, some cars were spies, some were pretending to be spies. Just wayyyy too much for aiden, plus there was a plot to kill lightning mcqueen which upset my tender hearted boy.

Winnie the Pooh opens this week so we may try that one out!!

Sherry Bryant said...

Blake and I saw Cars 2 this past Saturday. And I too, was less than impressed. Blake seemed to enjoy it, but I caught myself wondering "how much longer". The 1st one was, by far, the best! But, we had a GREAT afternoon together.