Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Back to School 2012

This year in "school" Aiden is going in to pre-K and Hallie is starting to go to a toddler class. They are both at Park row christian academy. Today (September 11) was their 1st day. I cannot believe that Hallie is old enough to go already, we sent aiden twice a week at this age and it was great for him but somehow hallie feels younger to me :( Today was hard on momma. I rationalize it that I can always take her out if I decide to but for right now it's the best decision for our family for her to go twice a week while I prepare for Baby Charley's arrival. Do you hear the rationalization?? I do! 

Ok so anyways we have been madly preparing for back to school around here. Aiden has wanted to go back to school for a long time. He loves his school and misses his friends and every time we drove by over the summer he would ask me if it was still closed and when it would be fall? 

We made this "Back to School" Wreath last week out of crayons to start our count down to fall and the 1st day of school! 
And aiden semi- helped (ok maybe not all that much) mommy make back to school treats for our teachers and friends. We made homemade chocolate covered fortune cookies with sprinkles for our teachers. 
 They didn't turn out quite as gourmet as I was hoping but ehhh whatcha gonna do?? 
 Treats for the teachers with the fortune cookies inside. We are so "Fortunate" to have awesome teachers!
 Treats for our friends. "Have a great 1st day smartie pants"

and last night all of our stuff was laid out and ready for the hub-bub of this morning's activities...

 Aiden ready for his 1st day of Pre-K!!
**Please Lord slow this down, how is my baby already so big???**
 I'm not sure he's EVER listened and obeyed as well as he did this morning. Aiden was my perfect little picture taker. I'm thinking he was realllllly excited to go to school! :)
 Trying...and failing...to get a picture of both the kids with their backpacks. Miss priss refused to wear her backpack. Of course. 
 Precious Kiddos
 Hallie can I get your picture???
 Umm...mayyyyyybe
 She preferred to play peek-a-boo! 
 I see you!!!! :)
 Walking in to school all by herself. I have this picture of aiden at this age. I tear up every time I look at this. Not ready, not ready, not ready! 
 I hate this pic kind of blurred. Aiden - still being the perfect gentleman on his way in to school and miss independent is already running off and leaving us. 
 Aiden at his cubby. I think by this point he was a bit over the pictures. 
 Aiden has Mrs. Hudgens this year and I think it's going to be a great year for him. I'm very excited!

 Alrighty, last one I promise!!! 
I'm not worried about aiden at all, he is going to have a great 1st day and a great school year and I'm so happy for him. 
 Dropping Hallie off in her class was a different experience though. She didn't want me to put her down. She cried and fussed and my heart broke into a million pieces and finally she got distracted enough by her teachers (Ms. Vicky & Ms. Robyn) that I could sneak out of the room. For that reason I didn't even attempt to get her picture with her teachers. Today I pray will be an easier day for her than it is for me. 
I hope this year will be a great year for both of my kiddos. That Hallie will become more verbal by interacting with toddlers her age and also possibly become less clingy to me by being with someone else a few hours 2 days a week. I hope Aiden will learn a lot, enjoy being with his friends, and be prepared for Kindergarten next year. (ughhhhh!) 

I know I will miss them so much after being with them every single hour of every day, but I hope that I am productive with the time that they are in school and that it is a great experience for all of us! Happy 1st Day of School 2012 my precious babies! 
post signature

3 comments:

Scooter Cox said...

oh my goodness...........BE still my heart. These pictures are precious and NO! I am not ready for Hallie to be in school.

Debbie said...

These are just ADORABLE!! Aiden looks soooo big. He looks like he is ready for First Grade and Miss Priss just looks precious in her little plaid dress. So - so cute.

Sherry Bryant said...

I LOVE your pics, as usual!! I can't believe Aiden is in Pre-K...!! That's what I taught for 4 years and LOVED it!!!! He will learn so much that you will be so excited each and every day!!
And, of course....ALWAYS take the 1st day of school pictures!! I still do, and in the same spot in the house, EVERY year. Really fun to see how they have grown year after year.
Can't wait to hear how mommy did!!