We have now been home as a family of 5 for a couple of weeks. These 2 weeks have been much like you would probably expect. Very Circus like. Trying to get into a groove with 3 kids is challenging at times. I have been blessed with lots of family helping me and many many friends bringing us meals. So wonderful to have people who love us help out as we navigate our new life.
The day baby charley came home from the hospital and met his brother & sister for the 1st time...
I absolutely love these pics of aiden & hallie looking at charley but also Charley's huge wide eyes wondering about these little people who have just entered his world.
Brotherly Love
So sweet
Not so much sisterly love...Hallie really only reacted this way the very 1st day. Since then she has been very loving with her brother. She kisses him constantly, wants to hold him & touch him.
First real family of 5 picture.
Charley has had soooo many people who love him come to visit & meet him.
Charley & Gigi
Charley & mommy
Charley & aunt beth
Charley & Poppy
Charley & Aunt Sherry & cousin Brandi
Charley with Aunt Kim & uncle David
Charley & Grammy
Charley & Aunt Debbie
Charley with Uncle Jarod & big brother again
Charley with Mamaw
Life at home...
Charley after his 1st bath
Trying out his swing
Being loved on by his big brother & sister. Hallie always is kissing him :)
Here she looks like she's about to take a bite out of his head. Don't worry she won't!
Sweet brother & sister
Charley is now a month old. He is doing much better with his eating although we still struggle. At his Dr's appt this week he weighed a whopping 8 lbs 4 oz. Which is still very small for his age but for being premature it's perfect! This is the week he should have been due and the Dr. told me I can expect for him to start waking up more this week and acting more like a "normal" newborn. So far that has been the case. He is now rousing himself more to eat which is great cause that means I have to struggle with his feeding less. He's more alert, holding his head up better, and doing much better at his suck, swallow, breathe. He hardly ever forgets the "breathe" part anymore which makes things much less stressful for mommy as well. We're still not really getting charley out. Only for a couple things that are necessary for us as a family. I am still trying to keep him home as much as possible.
Life at home has been a bit chaotic but we are getting the hang of most things. Ben & I are pretty exhausted & a lot of days are more about survival than anything else. But more than anything I feel grateful & happy. I look around my house that is completely filled with love and I am overjoyed by our blessings.










3 comments:
Yeaaaaa! 17 days since an update!! I know you have had so much going on that the blog was the last thing on your mind. But, you have spoiled us all and we totally enjoy reading your updates! So glad that Charley is doing so good! These pictures of Aiden and Hallie with Charley are so precious. So glad that you are able to share them with all the rest of us in this way. Three cheers for Blogs!!
I love all the pictures! Little Charley has really entered into a loving family. I can't believe he's already a month old! :)
GREAT pics!!!! LOVE the one with Hallie not having a good time. That's classic!!!! Charley is a precious, beautiful baby!! Aiden and Hallie look GREAT and seem to handle the new addition better. Precious pictures!!!!
Post a Comment