Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I had a great day!!

Today was a great day, I usually work on wednesdays but since this is my first official week of no work....I celebrated by going to the spa at my hotel. My wonderful brother got me a gift certificate for the penatal massage at the spa at my hotel for my birthday. My very wise mother told me I should wait to use it until I was further along in my pregnancy and really needed it. I had planned to wait until I was about 7 months but 7 months came and went and I never got around to it soooo today being my first official free day I went to use it!! It was amazing!!! Might be one of the most wonderful things I have ever done. This was by far the NICEST spa I have ever been to and incredibly pretentious but I LOVED IT!! It was so incredibly wonderful to be waited on with drinks and warm towels, fluffy chairs, bathrobes and slippers. Oh my how wonderful! Also everyone there was so nice and caring towards me, walking me around like I might break and helping me stand up, they all told me how wonderful I look for being 9 months pregnant, which I don't believe for a second but I greatly enjoy the flattery!! The massage was awesome, very different then anything I have had before...granted I have never had any kind of prenatal thing done before. But it was so wonderful and relaxing AND because my brother was so generous with his gift certificate and because he didn't take into account that I wouldn't have to pay full price since I am an employee of the hotel....I got to get a pedicure too which was by far the most heavenly pedicure I have ever had! All in all it was a very relaxing and enjoyable afternoon. After I was done being pampered I came home and layed on the couch like a vegetable for the rest of the afternoon. So I have had a marvelous day! I am very glad I saved the gift certificate until now cause the massage definitely did wonders for me that I don't think would have been as effective earlier in the pregnancy. So big shout out for Jarod, your birthday present just made mine and Aiden's day!!

3 comments:

Scooter Cox said...

Glad you had a great day.

Wish I were there with you.

32 days to go!!!

WHOO HOO!

Anonymous said...

I, too, wish I could have been there with you. Another time, or you go and I'll keep Aiden!!! You DO look great. Quit being hard on your self. You are an inspiration to so many with all you have on your plate right now! School, Baby, Wife, Work...well not anymore...woohoo!!! You're a wonderful woman and will be an awesome mother! Love you, Sherry

Anonymous said...

Your brother must be awesome!
-not Jarod-