We went down to Tampa on saturday morning and met up with emily anne! It was great to see her and catch up with her and her mom and also I was so glad Aiden finally got to meet one of my best lifelong friends! We ate at California Pizza Kitchen and then walked around the mall a little bit before leaving and heading on to Palm Harbor.

After getting to Palm Harbor we went over to Ben's uncle Doug's for grandma betty's 85th birthday party. It was so much fun! We had lasagna and salad prepared by a chef hired for the occasion and very yummy cake. Grandma Betty got some beautiful presents and Aiden got to meet some new family members. There were people that I had never even met and it was so great to finally get to spend time with the whole family. Every family has their characters!! Ben has a cousin (Jeff) who reminds me of one very outspoken uncle I have (I will let you all figure it out yourself) but he was GREAT with Aiden. He made him laugh by putting napkins in his nose and dancing for him! It was hilarious! The party was a ton of fun though.

After the party we stayed in uncle doug's guest house which was VERY nice and then this morning we had the chance to get up and visit with them. I very much enjoyed getting to know them. They threw a very beautiful and fun party for grandma betty.


Today we took Aiden over to Ben's best friends house (nate) to meet nate, his parents, and his grandparents. Nate was so sweet with Aiden.

Afterwards we headed back home to orlando and have been spending the better part of the day trying to pack up the remaining parts of our apartment. Mary Ellen came back with us and has been a HUGE help with cleaning! Aiden is still not feeling well but for being sick he did EXCELLENT! No one could tell that he was sick because he was still a very good happy baby. Last night he had a horrible time sleeping but of course that was reserved for just ben and I. I am really hoping that by tomorrow when we head out he will be feeling better. Everyone say a prayer!!!
Now for those who don't know we are stopping over in bossier city louisiana to see some of my family before heading on to dallas. We are goin to be staying with my grandmother (mamaw pat) for a while while Ben and I look for a house and decide on which part of the metroplex we are going to call home. If you need an address email me, I don't want to post hers on the internet.
So we will be heading out tomorrow night (monday) and driving through the night. Hopefully this will help Aiden do well through the trip. Pray for our safety and Aiden's cooperation!!! :)
Here are all the pics I took if you are interested! There are too many good ones to post individually!
6 comments:
It seems today was a day to celebrate those really special milestones. Van's Mother turned 92 Years old today!! We had a great get together for her also.
So glad that you got to meet those nice folks and spend some time with them before you have to say Adios to Florida.
What a nice place to have a party.
I will pray for your safety and the move.
Thank you to Mary Ellen for coming and helping!
You are so blessed to have such a large family to share all the joy.
Am so glad to hear we are not the only "weird" family on the planet.
Aiden did not look sick--hope he feels much better today.
How does Mary Ellen feel about coming to Texas a little later--about the time you find a home?!!
I'm sure she would enjoy the nice warm weather we are having.
You will be covered with prayers all the way to Texas.
Love, Mamaw
I hope Aiden was not too fussy in the car today and that you made it to your friends okay. Looks like everyone had a good time at Betty's party. Great pictures!!! Looking at the pictures makes me think maybe you should try to get "Really Cute Nate" and "Very Pretty Emily Anne" together. I'm glad Mary Ellen was there to help. I'm sure she was too.
Tell Ben his cousin Noah is in the Little League State championship tournament this week. I rememeber when they all went to Jupiter.
Love you all,
Grandma Karen
Love
I can't wait until ya'll get back here to Texas, we can't WAIT to see Aiden!! It's such a shame we couldn't ever get together while we were in Orlando. Guess we will have to make up for it as soon as you get here! Drive safe!!! :)
Post a Comment