Dale is my uncle. He is my dad's brother. For those that have not met Dale he is quite the character. Those of you who haven't met him have undoubtedly heard stories about him, they are in fact legendary. I am so happy that Aiden got to meet him at Padre.
I have many favorite memories of Dale, some involve him tricking me into doing stupid things such as putting peppermints on my eyebrows and some involve things that I only got to witness but really had nothing to do with. Dale is our resident comedian and one man entertainment show in the Cox family. You can always count on him for comic relief or for bits of trivia that no one else in the world knows. However; my favorite memories of Dale come from a better place, they are the times when he used to play with me when I was little and take care of Jarod and I. When he would let us do things and eat things that our parents wouldn't. Most recently he treated Ben and I to a movie and bought us rock candy! :) All in all Dale is a very funny guy, anyone who has ever met him can attest to that fact. He is loud and outspoken, for this reason it has always been the running joke in our family that we didn't want to bring our friends, boyfriends, etc. to meet uncle dale until we were certain they didn't scare easy.
I would have to say (grudgingly) that Dale is one of my favorite people, he can always make you smile or laugh. He can make a bad day better and he is one of those people that you never question their loyalty. Dale puts his family and the love he has for them and all of us first. In the most recent times I have grown to love and respect Dale more than ever, for his obvious faith and dedication to the Lord and for the love and selflessness I see him portray.
Dale, I am so happy that Aiden got the chance to meet you. You were absolutely brilliant with him ( I never had any doubt!) and I loved that your singing to him made him stop crying. You have been an amazing uncle to me and in the future Aiden will be very lucky to have a relationship with his GREAT uncle!
I would have to say (grudgingly) that Dale is one of my favorite people, he can always make you smile or laugh. He can make a bad day better and he is one of those people that you never question their loyalty. Dale puts his family and the love he has for them and all of us first. In the most recent times I have grown to love and respect Dale more than ever, for his obvious faith and dedication to the Lord and for the love and selflessness I see him portray.
Dale, I am so happy that Aiden got the chance to meet you. You were absolutely brilliant with him ( I never had any doubt!) and I loved that your singing to him made him stop crying. You have been an amazing uncle to me and in the future Aiden will be very lucky to have a relationship with his GREAT uncle!
5 comments:
It was pretty sweet to watch Dale sing "Annie" songs to Aiden.
Yes - We can all agree that Dale is QUITE the commedian!!
Just so you know - we all demand an ENCORE of the Annie Songs at Jarod and Beth's engagment party. Yep - Yep - Looking forward to the entertainement.
So true... You can always expect to laugh a lot when you are around Dale. What a fun Uncle you have, Jen. I'm looking forward to the "Annie" songs, too.
I am honored. Thanks. I'm glad I got to meet Aiden
I'm really glad you are doing this again. It's my way of getting to know all your family. Sometimes makes me wish I lived in Fort Worth. So many nice people. You are really lucky!
Love you,
Post a Comment