Thursday, July 16, 2009

Still in Padre Mode

We are home! We actually got home last saturday afternoon. We are all still in "padre mode" though. We are having a hard time getting back to eating healthy, getting up on time, exercising, all of it. Mostly I just want to sit around. It's a hard thing to shake. Especially for Aiden. He got VERY used to everyone carrying him around, watching him, and clapping for him all week and he is having a tough re-adjustment. He is still quite whiney about anything and everything but we are getting better. The biggest problem is getting him back to eating like normal. Aiden learned to say "cookie" right before we went to padre so the whole week everyone said "cookie" to him ALL THE TIME and then gave him cookies. Myself included. He knows what the cookie bag looks like and just sits in his high chair saying cookie and pointing, not wanting to eat whatever healthy thing I have given him to eat. Yep it's a tough adjustment. I know the feeling.....I am also trying to get back to exercise and eating healthy and it's hard.

Other than re-adjustment there is absolutely zero things that are interesting going on with us. My mom called yesterday and said "why haven't you written on your blog?"  and the answer is because I am not the least bit interesting right now. In fact after talking to me for about 5 minutes she realized just how boring I am and got off the phone with me!

The only remotely interesting thing going on is how quickly aiden seems to be learning right now. It seems like he learns something new every day. He has learned to knock on doors when they are closed (which is a fun treat when you are trying to go to the restroom by yourself!). He mimics (or tries to) everything we say. He can now CLEARLY say: nite nite, cookie, mama, dada, ball, shoe, "what's that/ who's that?" and YUCKY (although it sounds like gucky). He makes attempts at other things that we are saying but he doesn't do well enough that I would call it a word he can say. I am just so suprised he has picked up so much so quickly. He also gives kisses when you ask (sometimes). He waves bye bye and when you say "where's your blanket" or "go get your blanket?" anything with "blanket" in it and he will go pick them up. If you haven't spent much time with aiden, he has 2 favorite blankets that are his security. He loves them and stuffs them in his mouth to go to sleep. More and more here recently he wants to bring them out of his crib and just kind of carry them and we are trying to discourage that. In the past couple of days he has learned to "color" I was writing on a piece of paper on the couch and he climbed his way up, took the pen and started "coloring". I have let him do that the past couple of days cause I was so impressed he could hold a pen and make doodles on the paper but today I learned a lesson. I always make him SIT to do it cause I don't want him walking around with a pen, you could put an eye out! But today I thought he was sitting at my feet coloring on the paper and nope when I looked down he had colored all over HIS LEGS! Ok lesson learned, I am gonna go buys some crayons! 

Anyways that is it. We are boring right now but it is good to be home! 

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I don't know whats up with my font but I can't seem to make it smaller!

Scooter Cox said...

I like it big. The better to see with :-))
It's ok if he draws on his legs. Kids are washable. Just keep him away from the leather and walls. But be prepared.......that is coming.

Brandi said...

what you should get is those bathtub crayons...While he's in the bathtub he can color on the bathtub and it comes right off...

Scooter Cox said...

that's a great idea Brandi!

Sherry Bryant said...

I have pictures of Blake when he got a hold of Brandi's green marker....all over his hands (top and bottom) and his arms....

And, yes, it does wash off. Maybe not all the way at first...