Man is it beyond time for an update....
So day two. Beth and I were sharing a room and I don't even think we set an alarm but we were both awake and ready to go by about 8:30. We walked to the Mcdonald's to get coffee and egg mcmuffins for breakfast because the Bellagio is nice but it is EXPENSIVE! Then we all got ready and walked our tails off all day saturday. We went all through Caesar's palace and the forum shops and ate lunch at the Trevi fountain (restaurant) which was really cool. Then we saw Treasure Island, The mirage, the paris, the flamingo, Harrah's, and Bally's. I had never been to Vegas before so I was very impressed with just the SIZE of all the hotels/ casino's. You could go for a week or two and not see everything so we were trying to pack everything we possibly could into 3 days. By the end of Saturday our feet HURT. Saturday night we had to get ready and go to eat early at the foundation room at the Mandalay Bay. More AWESOME food and a GREAT view over the Las Vegas strip. Then it was back to the mirage for the cirque de soleil "Love" to the Beatles music. It was really awesome! Afterwards Kim, Beth, and I went to the ICE BAR where everything is minus 5 degrees and your glasses are made out of ice. They give you parkas and boots and gloves to wear in there and the entire place is like an ice cave. It was really cool. Then we showed off some of our best dance moves at the mandalay bay before calling it a night. Here are the pictures from saturday (or at least some of them!)








Saturday was by far the most hectic and exhausting day. We walked ALL OVER and then kim, beth, and I stayed out really late and I woke up with horrible back pain Sunday morning. I am not sure if it was the walking, trying to be in/ dance in heels...I don't know but I spent most of sunday with bad back pain. Sunday morning we had a very special devotional led by mamaw and then we went to the Bellagio BUFFET for brunch which was GREAT. In fact we did not have any bad meals in vegas, they were all AWESOME! Afterwards we took a taxi ride to "SOHO" which is actually just southlake a little bit outside of vegas. Sorry nobody got that. We went shopping and then to the stratosphere which I thought was great. Mom, beth, and I were the only ones who wanted to go to the top but the views were amazing and I was really glad we did it. After the stratosphere we went over to the venetian and ate lunch/ hung out in what is supposed to be St. mark's square. Then ended our afternoon at "New york". Only in vegas can you go from paris, to venice, to new york in a taxi! I don't have hardly any pictures from sunday. But here are a few .



Sunday night was definitely the most low key for everyone. We ate dinner at a restaurant in the hotel and then went outside to watch the fountains at the Bellagio. The fountains (which are choreographed to music) was one of my favorite things. They were really breathtaking.

A few gambled a little for our last night. I never could bring myself to gamble enough to win anything. Here's something I learned, you have to be willing to LOSE money to be able to WIN money. Like IF you're willing to lose you $20 you might be able to turn it into $120 and a few people did. I however kept thinking about what $20 could buy me at home....Aiden's diapers, ben's lunches for a week. So I came home with no more money than I left with! Oh well. It was an absolutely fabulous trip. I did miss my boys a lot though. Ben was so great. He took the weekend off and took care of aiden so that I could go on this trip and when i got home Ben had cleaned EVERYTHING in the house. He did all the laundry, washed our sheets, cleaned the bathrooms. It was amazing! I truly have the best husband ever! All in all...GREAT trip, can't wait for the next girl's trip, but I am glad to be home again. I missed my little boy and Ben a lot!
I promise it won't be so long until my next update...
4 comments:
LOVE the pictures!! Looks like you had a great time. Yes, please don't take so long to post next time...haahaahaahaa just kidding!!
Such a fun trip!!! You wrote a great summary but it still doesn't capture how much fun the trip really was. Thanks Mamaw!!!
Jenni- Please take note that I am commenting on the blog.
This is a test again....... I think we have it worked out this time. If this does not work, I will just comment via your email and continue to just view the blog, but I hate that I can not comment. Sounds like you had a blast, love the pics. More pics of Aiden please with the next post. Just a quick update for you, Caleb's nose surgery went fine and he is back home and doing well. The ankle surgery will be Wednesday and Jacob went back for more blood work this morning and he is doing fine.
love you all and glad you made it home safely
great pictures!
we had so much fun.
Post a Comment