Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!!! (a little late)

Crazy. Hectic. Action packed. Fun filled. Lots of ways to describe the past week. Because things have been so (fill in the blank) I haven't had the chance to blog so I'm gonna back up a bit.

Last week I went to plano to pick up my cousin brandi to come stay with us for a few days and help watch aiden while I got my family prepared for padre. The first night she was there ben went to the ranger game with jarod and brandi, aiden, and I stayed home to watch movies and eat pizza. Ben called at 11pm to say that his car had started shaking violently and needed us to come pick him up. GREAT! So brandi, aiden, and I got in the car to go pick up ben on the side of the road. That is a lengthy story and not a particularly fun one so I will just leave it as...Ben had to take the following day off to get the car situation taken care of and it was a huge headache so the things I had PLANNED to get accomplished while brandi was with me...was not exactly how it all went down. Regardless that afternoon I met up with mom and beh and drove to get our "padre pedicures" at this great place where they can do AMAZING things on your toes. I got my toes designed to match my beach bag, mom got a beach scene and beth got flowers. It was a ton of fun!

Anyways I still got everything packed up and brandi and I had fun swimming and playing with aiden for a couple of days. Brandi was a HUGE help to me and I would like to give her a shout out! Yep it's my blog so I can do that. She was absolutely wonderful with aiden and a huge help to me. I just wish she lived closer so I could take advantage of her more often! haha.

We left for Padre saturday morning (the 4th) and we made a big splash on the plane. We had 19 people wearing the same flag shirt in honor of the holiday! We got to the island, the women did the grocery shopping for the week and then we had dinner brought into the condos for dinner. We watched the fireworks show, went down to the beach for family picture and aiden's first introduction to the beach. It was a great night. Sunday morning we woke up and had private family church and the went to the sheraton for a champagne brunch which was WONDERFUL! It was at brunch that we first noticed that aiden was acting very...wrong...very fussy, very needy, very clingy, just in general unhappy. When we got back to the condo we put him down for a nap an when he got up he was burning up. We didn't have a thermometer so we didn't know how bad it was. He was just feeling worse and worse though. He had no energy and just layed down in the middle of the floor with his blankets. Ben and I decided it was best to not try and take him out to dinner on sunday night so we stayed back in the condo while everyone else went out. While they were gone he was just feeling so bad, Ben walked to the grocery store to buy a thermometer. We had already given him children's tylenol but he still felt very hot. When he got back aiden had a temp of 101.8. Monday was much of the same except he no longer slept like at all. he would sleep for maybe 30 mins for naps and then wake up screaming and feeling awful. Monday night ben and I thought we would go crazy. Aiden is sleeping in the same room with us and he was up between every 30 mins to every hour ALL NIGHT LONG! It was horrible for him and horrible for us. So tuesday morning I decided I ahd to take him tot he island clinic and see if anything bigger was going on. He had no symptoms besides just being really fussy and no energy and the fever. The clinic said he had swollen lymph nodes, swollen tonsils, and his eardrums were a bit inflamed but that could have just been from flying on the plane. Verdict was basically they don't know. Could be strep throat but they didn't want to hold him down to get the swab and they didn't think his ears were bad enough to be an infection but they prescribed an antiobitic and after taking it all day yesterday along with tylenol and motrin. He slept mostly all the way through the night last night. Only woke up once. Today he has for the most part been back to my happy healthy boy. He is still very tired from having missed so much sleep but he is acting like Aiden again. I am so happy. Obviously we are going to keep him on the antibiotic but we are hoping the worse is behind us and we can enjoy our vacation now! I'm not gonna lie these first few days have not been great for ben and I.

We are looking forward to the rest of the trip. I was hoping I could upload a bunch of pictures from up to this point so it won't be a HUGE ordeal when I get home but apparently the connection is not good enough so SORRY! It appears I will have a huge album when we get back to dallas. Anyways I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe and HEALTHY 4th of July!



3 comments:

Debbie said...

Well, a special shout-out to Brandi!! Glad she was so helpful.

Sooooooo sorry that little stinker was sick the first day or two. But, glad he is all better now. Looking forward to a lot of pictures when you get home.

Brandi said...

It was no problem....I would love to do it again. Aiden is always a happy boy...Even when woken up in the middle of the night...:)

Monique and Michael said...

Breakfasts at the Sheraton are always amazing!! You make me so sad I haven't been yet this year. Haha!