Friday, October 30, 2009

THE 5th ANNUAL PUMPKIN CARVING EXTRAVAGANZA!!! (halloween part 2)

Yep we do it every year and this year we ended up having to do it a little later than usual because of the traveling, moving, etc. but wednesday night we had our annual family pumpkin carving and halloween treat making extravaganza! I made spiderweb cupcakes which I think turned out pretty cute considering I'd never done it before. This year we went with a "theme" to our pumpkin carving. Since we have been doing this for 5 years, between ben and I we have carved every face possible I think. So this year we did something different! See the pics!
My spider web cupcakes
I made a bunch
Ready for the carving
Aiden got to sit in his high chair and have a cupcake while we worked on the pumpkins. I loved this face because it took him a while to actually start EATING the cupcake. He kept thinking it was some kind of trick like we were gonna take it away from him or say NO!
Love the chocolate faces


Ben with aiden's pumpkin....can you guess the theme?
Me gutting out the gunk in the pumpkins!
Yay!!!!

Aiden holding "his" pumpkin. Although he had very little to do with creating it!
Me with the TEXAS pumpkin and aiden
Ben and aiden with the longhorns pumpkin. The longhorns just happen to be playing on halloween this year so I guess all the trick or treaters will know which team we root for!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all...... are you turning into Martha? Babyshowers, decorating, cooking, etc. Good for you, the cupcakes are great. Love Aiden eating them, he is just sooooo cute. I printed out the photo of Aiden "bustin' a move" on the dance floor, he is now an 8 x 11 on my fridge. Makes me laugh every time I walk by. Your pumpkin carving photos have become one of my favorite parts of Halloween. Hope you continue this great tradition. Hope you have a great time trick or treating....looking forward to the pictures.

love you all.

Sherry Bryant said...

Those look GREAT!!! Good job!

Scooter Cox said...

OK..........that is just way too cute!

What a great idea!

Love your cupcakes! I am going to start calling you Martha!

Grandma Karen said...

Your cupcakes are great! So cute. Of course Aiden is adorable. I'm so glad he like to have his picture taken. Like Mary Ellen said, we really look forward to the pumpkin pictures each year.

Go Longhorns!