Wednesday, October 14, 2009

We are homeowners!

I know I have not done well with updating the blog recently...it's so much easier to talk about happy news, good things, than the hard ones. So here's some good news!!!

WE NOW OWN OUR VERY FIRST HOME!!!!!

We closed on our house this morning and we now have the keys and are ready to move in! We are so excited! We love the house and can't wait to get everything over there and set up. It will probably be a week-long process because we have SO much junk! Have you ever noticed you don't realize how much junk you actually have until it's time to move? Anyways we are for the most part packed up and are going to start moving smaller things here and there in the next couple days. Big moving truck day will be friday and Sunday will be finishing up/ unpacking. We are taking a break on saturday to go to the TX/OU game. Ben is SO thrilled that we are going to get to go this year!

So a little mini update...Ben has been working hard trying to find his next career path. He has had a few meetings this week, call backs, etc. We will just have to see what comes of it. I will update when we know more. Thank you for all the well wishes, calls, cards, etc. We truly have the most amazing family and support system. We feel very blessed that we don't have to go through these hardships alone.

So for now we are packing, moving and starting our new lives in OUR VERY OWN HOME!!! WHOO HOO!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are sooooooooooooooo happy for you. And very proud of you all. I am so glad that you have such a great support system there. I wish I was there to help with the move.

Love you all

Grandma Karen said...

What a weight off your shoulders! Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see more pictures when you have time to breath. God will point Ben in the right direction and you will both laugh about all this one day. Wish I was there to help too.

GK

Anonymous said...

Jenni..We are soooo happy for you and Ben. I cannot wait for you to post some more pictures. I wish we were there to entertain Aiden, while everyone else is helping with the move. We are so happy you were able to continue on with your plans reguardless of the situation. The purchase of your first home is always very special.

Scooter Cox said...

Thinking about you today as you move to your new house. Be sure and take pictures to remember what a special day it was.

Brandi said...

Yay! Now you're closer! It'll be easier to babysit cause we're closer :) :) :) :) :)