Monday, November 23, 2009

2nd ANNUAL Bringing in the season!!!

Last year our family went to holiday in the park for our "bringing in the season" celebration. This year we made the trek out to the "villages in Allen" to watch the arrival of santa followed by him lighting the 35 ft interactive lighted christmas tree. Donner and Blitzen (2 of santa's lead reindeer) were also there for petting. There was a huge maze set up for little kids to run through and old railroad cars for playing and picture opportunities. We had never been to this event for or even to the villages in allen before but it ended up being a good time. SOOOO many people there. Apparently we were not the only ones who heard about the event! We got in line for the pictures with santa as soon as we arrived and then we took turns holding that place in line. Aiden LOVED the interactive tree with all the lights to music. He just sat and stared for at least 3 whole songs before we walked him away to do something else. He liked the maze and the reindeer too!!! After standing in line for roughly 2- 2 and a half hours it was aiden's turn to sit with santa. He HATED santa! Wanted absolutely nothing to do with that man! He screamed his little head off and that is the picture we got! Other than that it was a successful outing. Kind of wish I hadn't stood in line so long to bring him to this wonderful looking santa just for the 2 seconds of screaming. Could have gotten that picture with any mall santa. Oh well!!
Waiting on the christmas tree lighting...it's always a good opportunity for learning when you have a kindergarten teacher as your gigi! Gigi and Aiden are counting their fingers while they wait...
Mommy and aiden waiting on lighting
And the lights started
Oh WOW!!!
Loving those lights
I like their identical expressions here
Running through the maze while gigi and poppy watch...aiden's face is greatness!!!
Loving the maze
With daddy...in front of the sign that says what we were at!
In front of santa's workshop...you can kind of see it in the back.
I think this is Blitzen???
Aiden checking out the reindeer
Taking a peek inside at santa
And finally....HATES SANTA!!!!

5 comments:

Sherry Bryant said...

Yep, he's at the age where they don't like Santa. LOVE the pictures!!! LOVE Aiden's haircut!! We've never heard of that place. How fun!

Scooter Cox said...

the pictures are good. I think you did a good job of capturing the evening.

Anonymous said...

Love the haircut, he looks so cute (and old). I love his face in the maze pictures, pure joy!!!!!!! Might as well give up on the Santa pictures......maybe next year. :ooks like you all had a great time

love and miss you all

Debbie said...

You got some very SPECIAL pictures!! I laughed out loud when I saw that one of him with Santa. Just tooooooo cute!

Barbie Doll said...

Looks like y'all had a good time. I thought I was going to get to go with ya.