Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009!!!

I could subtitle this post with: "The party that wasn't a party" to OR "Aiden's entourage!"

So here's how our halloween happened. Ben and I figured we would just take aiden around to a few houses in our new neighborhood, no big deal. Earlier in the week my brother asked us if we would like to come to their neighborhood and take aiden to a few houses and then watch the texas game with them. After talking we realized it would be easier to do this at our house so we could put aiden down to bed here so that plan was set, Jarod and Beth would come over and go trick or treating with us and then we would watch the texas game at our house. Next thing, I am talking to my mom who says they want to see aiden trick or treat also and that they will come over too, Ok so now we have a group of 6 that want to go with aiden, cool! Next thing, mamaw calls and asks "where is aiden going to be trick or treating because I'd like to see him trick or treat" So I tell her what I have already arranged with jarod, beth, and my parents and she says cool she'll come too! Ok so now 7 adults. So at this point I decide I am going to make a big pot of chili for dinner that I can get started the day before so I won't be scrambling to feed all these people coming to my house, along with trying to get aiden ready for halloween. So now that plan is set. 7 adults and aiden and I am going to make chili and cornbread. Next thing, Ben talks to his dad who asks "what are you guys doing for halloween?" and Ben tells him jen is going to make chili because her family is coming over to watch aiden trick or treat then we are going to watch the texas game. So yes then his dad says "Oh ok well we'd like to come see the house and see aiden trick or treat and I can make the chili for everyone." side note: ben's dad makes chili a lot, it's kind of one of his specialties. So ben says ok that would be great so now plus ben's dad, stepmom, and brother andrew. We have 10 adults coming over to trick or treat with 1 very small child. I was not planning on having this party....but it turned into, the more the merrier!

So the day of halloween mamaw comes over early and takes beth and I to decorator's warehouse to buy christmas decorations for our new houses, as kind of a housewarming thing! I got some absolutely BEAUTIFUL things and I am now SOOOO excited to decorate for christmas! While we are shopping mamaw talks to my aunt kim and finds out that they will be back from lubbock earlier than they thought so she invites them to come by for halloween. I thought they were still going to be out of town. So now we're up to 12. After shopping we get back to the house and Ben's dad gets there and we start setting everything up for the dinner and getting aiden ready for trick or treating. Jarod texts me to let me know he will be bringing his best buddy and honorary member of the family Garrett( because he ends up coming to a lot of our family functions). So we are now to lucky number 13, not to mention the 3 dogs. Ours, my moms, and ben's dads and of course aiden. So final count 13 adults, 3 dogs, one small child for trick or treating! Greatness!!! Aiden definitely had a greater entourage than any other small child I've ever heard of!

We had a GREAT time though. Our neighborhood turned out to be really kid friendly. We had trick or treaters up and down the streets all night and aiden did GREAT! He was a little unsure at the first couple of houses but then he got the hang of it and trick or treated like a pro. we would take turns walking him up to the houses and the entourage would wait/ take pictures in the street. Aiden would just hold whatever hand he was supposed to and hold on to his bucket with the other hand. He would take candy when they offered the bowl to him. He did great! We probably went to 15-20 houses and then he was pooped out! His candy bucket was getting heavy and we think his little fireman boots were heavy too. At one point he sat down in someone's driveway for a candy break. He had a sucker and then was ready to go again!

After the trick or treating we used every single bowl I had in the house to eat david's chili which was fantastic and the cornbread that I made. We had sweet tea and watched texas beat oklahoma state. Aiden got to play on the floor with all his candy and even eat quite a bit but he went to bed early, he was popped! It was a GREAT GREAT night and even though we didn't plan it that way, we were so glad so much of our family got to come over and be a part of aiden's 2nd halloween. What a great night! He is quite the loved, spoiled, and blessed little boy!! Plus the cutest little fireman you ever did see!
Aiden and gigi
Ready to trick or treat
there's no candy in here...
Put up your guns??
Ready to go!! Aiden stood by the door and just said "go" over and over...
Aiden and uncle jarod
Family shot walking the street
Trick or treating with daddy
Trick or treating with mommy....I like this picture better of myself
I like this picture better of aiden
Some of the entourage walking the street.
Picture of the entourage. Uncle andrew, gigi, mamaw, uncle jarod, aunt beth, honorary uncle garrett, daddy, poppy, and sammi. I was taking the picture. I challenge you to find another 18 month old that had both parents, 2 grandparents, a great grandparent, 2 uncles, 1 aunt, an honorary relative, and a dog go down the street with them!
Trick or treating with uncle andrew

Trick or treating with mamaw
Trick or treating with poppy
More walking down the street
trick or treating with garrett
Family pic
It's break time with aunt beth...
I'd like to have a piece of candy now...
Trick or treating with gigi

Papaw and grammy stayed behind to keep working on the chili and to answer OUR door while we were all out in the street
Eating the chili
Yum
Aiden trying to eat some dinner, he was so tired
Aunt kim and uncle david
{art of the grup piled in the living room...eating chili, watching the game.
Aiden picking out what he liked from our candy bowl
Checking out all his loot
So sleepy
It's bottle and night night time!

Again it was a great night and we were so happy to have everyone here! We hope everyone had a wonderful, safe, and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

5 comments:

Scooter Cox said...

those are sometimes the best parties! the ones that just happen and not a lot of fuss goes into.

I wish I had some of that chili right now!

thanks for letting us share in one of the most fun nights of his life. He was precious.

Especially as he got a lot of candy and started leaving a trail behind him as he walked. :-))

Good times!

Debbie said...

That might just be a record. (On how many adults does it take to take one kid trick-or-treating) ha ha

Glad yall had a good time.

Beth said...

Thanks again for a great party! Aiden was the cutest fireman I have ever seen!

Grandma Karen said...

Looks like you all had a great time. Thanks for all the pictures.

Love you,

GK

Anonymous said...

You are a terrific family. Thanks for sharing those precious pictures of Aiden leading the entourage. It is so wonderful to see the world through their eyes as they grow.

I loved the pictures of Aiden playing in the leaves. Tooo cute!!
Charley is going to print them out for me so I can put them on the fridge.