LOTS of foods are YELLOW and we started our day with eggs and banana!
BOTH are YELLOW!!!
We had a mid morning snack of corn and pineapple...which are also BOTH YELLOW!!!
And yet another snack of crackers and cheese...YELLOW! Good thing Aiden is going through a growth spurt cause he will eat anything and everything I put in front of him!
For lunch we had corn dogs (closest protein source I could find that is "kinda" yellow) dipped in mustard which is...YELLOW!!!
Such a happy boy.
And we talked about the moon and the stars which are....YELLOW!!!!
And we went outside in the sunshine which is YELLOW and drew a sun out of sidewalk chalk that was YELLOW!
Mommy & me= LOVE!!!
And we had lemonade! So refreshing, goes so well with sunshine, SOOOO YELLOW!!!
Then the plan was to venture out into our neighborhood and find yellow things. I had planned on FLOWERS, DUCKS, and a school BUS.
But sadly, the ducks we went to see were not yellow... Aiden enjoyed going to see the ducks BUT that wasn't really the point...
And then we went on a hunt to find sunflowers but apparently sunflowers aren't real popular in texas because we couldn't find any!! And had to settle for...looking at a book :(
But there was a lot of YELLOW in our book time!!!
And we took a YELLOW bath with a YELLOW rubber ducky...since the real duckies weren't yellow....
I had also wanted to get aiden's picture with a yellow school bus. Aiden LOVES buses and says hello and bye bye to them all the time when we pass them on the roads. BUT come to find out...I thought I could go to an elementary school or high school or junior high during the day and find a parked bus for aiden to see. No such luck. I'm not sure where they hide the school buses during the day in our town so again a strike out...so I showed aiden pictures of school buses...
And we pointed out on his bedding the buses and dump trucks that were YELLOW! This was actually fun. Like a "where's waldo?" of yellow automobiles?!?!
Of course Aiden kept thinking it was time to lie down on his bedding. Granted he had already had a bath, and we were looking at his blankets??? Makes sense.

And we pointed out on his bedding the buses and dump trucks that were YELLOW! This was actually fun. Like a "where's waldo?" of yellow automobiles?!?!We saw our yellow clothes, yellow bananas, yellow eggs, yellow pineapple, yellow corn, yellow cheese and yellow crackers, yellow mustard, yellow stars, yellow moon, yellow sun, yellow lemonade, yellow ducks, yellow buses, and other yellow automobiles!!! Hopefully we are learning the color yellow!!! And if not...we sure are having a good time!
5 comments:
okay so i hope you dont mind but im thinking i will steal this idea for when i grow up and have kids. okay now you have been warned:)
Very cute. It's a little too early yet for sunflowers. But, we have ENORMOUS fields of sunflowers right here in Shreveport every summer. I think a field trip is in order sometime around late June! :-) All the Mom's take their kids out there and get the cutest pictures.
yellow day is such a cute idea. I like the idea of the yellow sunflower pictures.
Great idea!! Just one question....how did you get the tub water yellow....? I'm hoping it was food coloring... :)
Post a Comment