Monday, June 6, 2011

Lake house/ Memorial day Weekend

The 2nd part of vacation week we spent as a family. We went to my parents' lakehouse on possum kingdom lake Thursday-Monday. That's a long getaway for a family with 2 small children! And this was hallie's first real "trip" that was longer than a day. Both my kids did great. Aiden was so overly thrilled about being at the lakehouse, playing on the boat, riding the boat, looking at the boat, talking about the boat...He really likes the boat! He slept in the room with us and he would wake up around 7 every day and come creep up next to our faces and whisper "the sun's out, time to go see the boat?" and every morning we came up with new reasons why it wasn't time to go out on the boat yet. He didn't understand the real reasons of "nobody's ready to go on the boat but you" or "it's too windy to go on the boat" or my personal favorite "it's wayyyyy too early to go on the boat!" soooo we came up with other reasons...the boat is still sleeping, we don't know where the magic keys are to start the boat, the boat is dirty, and so on.

So many mornings Ben (being the awesome hubby and daddy he is) would take aiden down to the dock and sit in the boat, wash the boat, look at the boat, etc. until everyone else was ready to go out. It really was very windy all weekend though so none of us got as much "lake" time in as we would have liked. It was just too choppy out on the water.

Not much "boat" time equaled a whole bunch of rest, relaxation, lazy time around the lakehouse. I can't really sum up what each day looked like cause I got my days and times all backwards. We spent the majority of those days either in bathing suits/ cover ups, work out clothes, or pajamas. I never once put on makeup that I can recall and since someone always had to stay at the house with hallie anyways (she's a bit too small for windy boat rides) I think I got even more lazy time than most! Definitely not complaining on that one. Lake house time is fun. You eat when you're hungry, you sleep when you're tired and besides that you do whatever you want. Not a bad gig.

I know my family is very much looking forward to being at the lakehouse as much as we can this summer. Aiden asks all the time when we're going and when I say "I don't know" he says "Ok we'll go tomorrow"!

Happy Memorial day!
Aiden and Ben on one of the "little boats"
Aiden enjoying sitting on the BIG boat!

The one morning they washed the boats and the jet skis.

Aiden really seemed to enjoy that.

The view from the upper deck of our dock. Not shabby.


Dad & Ben were the only brave souls to jump off the swinging rope from the upper deck of the dock this time. Dad let go of the rope too fast for me to get a picture of him out over the water though.

And ben let go pretty quick also. I think the wind was an issue when rope swinging :)
Jarod & Ben enjoying some relaxation time on the deck.
We had an animal house for the weekend. Complete with a miniature dog, a medium sized dog, and a big dog. Look at them making nice though.
Beth & ben enjoying some time on the deck.
Dad & Mamaw.
Love this picture.
We were on the big boat and Ben was on a jet ski.
Ben driving the jet ski, right before I hopped on to ride back to the house with him. I immediately regretted that decision cause we had a long way to go and I got very wet and cold!
Aiden sitting on the jet ski. Don't worry it's parked!

What a fun fun weekend! This is going to be an awesome summer. I'm so excited to see aiden enjoy it all.

post signature

2 comments:

Scooter Cox said...

the wind was awful and Jarod and Beth were both sick. We will have to try it again without the wind and the sickies.

Debbie said...

Looks like yall had a ton of fun. Sometimes just relaxing is the best part of a vacation.