Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Not Taking Questions

Sometimes I really wish I could be like a famous person or a politician and release a statement saying "I'm not taking questions" or rather I just wish aiden understood the line "no more questions".

Sometimes I swear my head is going to explode from the amount of talking and questions that go into my every day life. I'm 1 of those people that just really enjoys being quiet at times. And there's no quiet times in my house and especially no quiet times in my car.

From the moment we get in the car to the moment we get out of the car it is question after question after question about anything and everything that pops into aiden's head or anything he sees. I actually started to count them and keep in mind these aren't LONG car trips. This is like to the store, to school, to the gym, it's not even that far.

Mommy Are you gonna workout at the gym?

Why do you work out?

Where's the gym?

How do we get to the gym?

I like your water bottle. Where did you get that?

Who is that man? (random man on side of road)

Why is he wearing that hat?

Why is it raining?

Can I get out yet?

Can I take my seatbelt off? Why not?

Can I unlock my door? I won't get out.

Is there a train over there?

Where is the train?

What happened to the train?

But why is there no train?

That's a big truck, Why is it going fast?

But where is it going?

Why did you turn the music up?

I think you can probably figure out the answers to these questions based on the next question. I also bet you can figure out why I turned the music up :) Then this afternoon I tried a different tactic. I told him we were going to have quiet time in the car.

Why are we going to have quiet time?

Why do you like quiet time?

When quiet time is over I can talk to you again, is that ok?

When is quiet time going to be over?

Are we almost home?

Are all these cars going to our home?

**Aiden you're not being quiet!!**

(In a whisper)....I'm being quiet now but mom I really really like to talk to you.

I know you do buddy, I really really know.

I guess with 2 kids and 1 on the way I should get used to the constant questions and the never quiet, but for now I'm pretty ok with that hallie can't talk yet.

post signature

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

omg. laughing so hard over here. that was priceless. totally get it x 4! but at least mine can talk to each other and i don't have to answer all the time. drives me NUTS! lol

Miranda said...

One time while in the car (no joke) Cyrus and I heard a statistic that the average 4 year old asks 400 questions a day. At the time Cyrus laughed...I didn't. Now, its not uncommon for Cyrus to ask what number question Lucas is on. ;)

Does turning the music up ever work for you? My kids just yell over the radio..... :)

Sherry Bryant said...

I'm laughing out loud at all the questions and what your friends have said!! This is HILARIOUS!!!!! Totally can relate! Just wait till all 3 are asking questions. You WILL learn to tune them out, eventually. Tom asks me if I'm going to answer one of my kids and I have tuned them out that I didn't know they were asking a question....or for that matter, that they were even talking.

Scooter Cox said...

I can attest that it is constant questions. I do like the way his mind works though.

Love that kid!

Lacey and Rob said...

So feel the question "pain" over here too. My boys get a 3 question limit per topic and then it has to switch or no more questions. I can feel the hairs on my head turning white every time they open their precious little mouths :)

mamaw said...

how's a fellow gonna learn if he does'nt ask questions. this is sent my a great-grandmother who does'nt have to listen 24-7!!

love,
mamaw