This year Aiden again got to choose his party theme and place. For an indecisive almost 5 year old, that proved to be a hard task. He changed his mind pretty much daily right up until time to send out the invitations. We finally landed on a batman party at chuck e cheese. Now maybe I'm a bad mommy but the very thought of chuck e. cheese made me inwardly groan- UGHHH. But after that party, which was at 10:30 am. I can tell you that I have now changed my tune. We pretty much had the entire place to ourselves right up until time for the party to end, so plenty of space, not too much noise and the staff was great. So yeah if your kid chooses chuck e. cheese and you are dreading the very idea of it (like me) than I highly suggest choosing the 10:30am time for a saturday, yes it is a little early to eat pizza but hey I'd rather eat pizza before noon than want to pull my hair out.
Ok so on to the party!!!
Aiden requested a blue and black batman cake.
The party table all set up, the place was EMPTY! Until our friends started to arrive..
Aiden playing with one of his best buddies from school
And hallie even had one of her besties at the party
There was lots of playing by children
And also some adults :)
But no one played harder than the birthday boy!!!
After all the fun in the game room. It was time to sit down for some pizza. It was past 11:00 at this point.
Pizza time!
All the party fun! Aiden had a bunch of his friends from both school and church come to help him celebrate his birthday! Thank you to all our sweet friends!
My big boy!!! This kid stole my heart 5 years ago!
Lil molly with gigi. Such a sweet angel!
Looking for Chuck. E. Cheese...
There he is! The mouse himself.
Aiden got a crown...which he promptly took off. He was a little bit leery of the big mouse.
Not baby sister though, Nope she never meets a stranger.
David & Kim.
Singing Happy birthday to the big 5 year old!!
(funny little back story, all morning long people had been telling aiden happy birthday and he would say "I'm not 5 yet" he was waiting for this moment right here before he would think of himself as 5)
Made a wish and blew out the candles! I guess it's offical now!!
They even gave him a medal to mark the moment!
Time for a little dance party with chuck e. You know who's always up for a dance party...
Yep this girl right here!!
Trying to get all the kids up there with Chuck E. Didn't really work out too well.
Aiden with Brandi.
Aiden adores his big cousins and is so happy when they come to his stuff. Brandi & blake are definitely on the top of his love list.
In fact Aiden was supposed to do this ticket blaster thing that's specifically for the birthday boy but aiden was scared and didn't want to so blake went in to show him how it's done. Then aiden agreed to do it, but only if blake could come in with him :)
These pictures really crack me up. I wish I had video'd it. I'm not sure aiden came out with more than 2. He would set his eye on one and chase it around the booth. Too funny.
HAHAHA!
After all that it was time for a little more playing in the game room before heading out. At this point we decided to pack up all the gifts and take them home to open. The kids were getting restless and were majorly wanting to get back to playing.
So just a little bit more playing before it was time to bid chuck e farewell. It really was a fun party. I was pleasantly surprised by how well it turned out and how easy it all was. We are so grateful to all our special friends and family who help make these days so memorable for our family.
I even loved that we got to come home and open the presents just us without the distraction of the party. I felt like it helped aiden to really see what all he got, who it was from and to be grateful. At least that's what I'm sticking with :)
Great day. Great party. Great family & friends to celebrate with. Amazing 5 year old little boy. Doesn't get much better! Happy Birthday my sweet Aiden!












2 comments:
I can't believe how big he is. Makes me a little sad to see our baby growing up. So glad he has such a sweet group of friends.
Loved the party at Chuck E Cheese.
Looks like he had a BLAST! I love any party that is fun for the child and CARE FREE for the Mom! I would say that 10:30 in the morning at Chuck E. Cheese is a keeper!!
Post a Comment