For Mother's Day this year I planned something special to do just me and my mommas, at least the ones that are here in town. I invited my mom, mamaw and mother in law over for a brunch prepared by yours truly. It was nice cause I felt like I got to plan and do something special with these ladies who mean so very much to me on my own which made it a little more personal than with the whole big family. We started getting ready several days before the planned brunch. Aiden, hallie & charley all participated in crafting special mother's day gifts.
Aiden worked really hard on the wrapping of the momma's gifts. We did handprints of all 3 kids and made them into flowers but aiden worked the hardest, he helped paint the babies hands, he drew the stems, wrote the letters. It was definitely a work of love!
The photo books for the mother's all wrapped up
Happy Mother's day to the best mom, mother-in-law and mamaw on the planet! We are so lucky to have these women in our lives!
With our 3 babies.
After the kiddos gave their presents and their roses. Ben took them all to tball so that we could have mommies only brunch. Complete with mimosas
All 4 of us!
Me & my mom. Best mom ever and my best friend.
The table was all set and ready, unfortunately my food took longer to come out than I had planned so the mothers got some relaxing time in just drinking their mimosas and coffee until it was all ready.
Brunch is served!
Baked french toast, maple sugar bacon, artichoke & spinach egg custard with fruit and sour cream sauce.
And for dessert- nutellas crepes. This picture is blurry and not very pretty. We ate these too fast! They were pretty YUM! (If I do say so myself)
After we were stuffed we headed to daired's for some pampering time.
Pedicures for all the momma's!!!
Complete with wine.
And then we spent some time out in the daired's garden enjoying some quiet time and girl chat before heading home!
Such a fun morning and so special for me to share some quality time with them. I loved every minute I spent both preparing and then enjoying this special occasion!
So come Sunday. Actual mother's day I got to have a relaxing day at home with my family of 5. Ben made both lunch and dinner for me. What a guy!!!
He made gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato basil soup for lunch that we enjoyed outside while playing with the kids for a little bit before naps.
We tried hard to get a good picture of my with my babies for mother's day but as I've said before it is somewhat difficult to get everyone looking, smiling, being still. This ended up actually being my favorite- Ben said "where are daddy's eyes?" in the attempt to get them all to look at him but of course my big kids just stuck their fingers in their own eyes!!! Goobers!!
This is all my mothers day loot!!! A computer, precious homemade cards, flowers! I was overly spoiled for mother's day. Ben also made a fancy steak dinner for me complete with potatoes and mushrooms. My heart is very full for mother's day, between my amazing mothers, my beautiful family and my wonderful husband- I feel very blessed!


2 comments:
You are one blessed Momma.
thank you so much for spoiling me ROTTEN for Mother's Day. Everything was outstanding. Love, Love, Love the photo book.
The brunch was Yummy Yummy........and the crepes.....I'm still thinking about them.
Love you so much. I really wish everyone could have a daughter like you! Then I wouldn't feel like I was bragging (just sharing) :-)
My Goodness! I know that Allison, Pat, and Donita feel extremely pampered and spoiled. You were very sweet to give them such a special day. And I will bet that this was your best Mother's Day yet! And they are only going to get better. So happy that your cup runneth over! :-)
Post a Comment