Well so far ben and I have had a very bad start to the new year. For one our car was broken into in our apartment complex. Thank goodness somehow these thieves got in without breaking windows or messing up our car....so we are thankful for that. However; ben had left his wallet in the center console (big mistake) and so the thieves took some credit cards, his gift cards from christmas presents and his social security card. They also took our epass and some cards that we had in the car (they were from ben's work, why they wanted them...who knows). This has been such a huge headache to us trying to get all of our credit cards cancelled and our bank numbers changed, unfortunately there is nothing we can do about the gift cards. We cancelled our epass and the only thing you can do when your social security card is stolen is put red flags on yourself. So we have spent a good deal of time talking to the FTC, the 4 major credit bureaus, and the social security administration. They won't issue you a new social security card/number which I think is what they should do but since all your past credit is linked to your number, they won't give you a new one. So now for the rest of Ben's life someone else will have access to his number. Not good. Basically what you can do (if this ever happens to you) is put flags/alerts on yourself making it next to impossible for anyone to get any kind of credit under your number. This will hinder ben in the future when he needs to use his credit for anything but...it's basically just an added layer of security so no one can mail in credit card offers and get a card in his name without an investigation to make sure it is really him asking for the credit card. Anyways our apartment has security cameras and so we got to see the type of car and a rough description of the people who did this. They appear to be around my age if not a little younger and apparently very stupid. we have filed a police report and as soon as the police start actually taking an interest they will probably catch these people. They aren't the smartest criminals, in fact far from it. Which makes me feel a little better about the whole ordeal because identity theft is probably way beyond their mental capability but anyways. Yeah so that has been a headache but we are getting over it.
Secondly, I have been incredibly sick since new years day. Not like pregnancy sick but real sick with a horrible cough, sore throat, fever, chills, muscle pain, headaches, runny nose, you name it, I have it. The incredibly horrible part of this is while you are pregnant there is a very limited amount of cold type medications you can take. I called my doctor and they said in bad cases to take robitussin DM, cough drops, vicks vapo rub, and tylenol. I can also use a heating pad for my back. I was excited to hear that I could take these things but since I started using them (yesterday) I have pretty much worried about aiden non stop. I have absolutely no appetite and so have been eating very little as well as taking this medicine and it just worries me that my little baby is getting stuff that is not good for him. Ben (of course always the voice of calm) says "it's not going to kill him" ohhhhh....well if our goal is simply not to kill him then I think I could take anything. Drug addicts have babies all the time that they don't "kill" with their drugs, they just severely deform then. Sooo anyways...maybe I am irrational but I think it will take me forever to get better because I am trying to take as little of these medications as possible. I have already missed 2 days of work and I go back to school on monday so everyone pray that I will get better soon. I am ready for the good part of 2008 to start!!!
Saturday, January 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was very sorry to hear about the car and your being sick. You really dont need either right now.
Dont be too hard on the amazing Ben!! He really is a good guy.Just try to eat healthy when you can-- you have been so very good about your diet so far.
Let me know how the drs. appointment goes.
Most of us have had our credit cards stolen--some even while overseas--remember!!!
Love, Mamaw
Jenny,
I am really sorry to hear about all this nightmare and I hope you feel better very soon. Hang in there.
I want to tell you that there is something you can do about your gift cards. Call the people that gave you the cards. If they still have the receipt they got when they bought them it it will have the numbers of your gift card and they can call the store and cancel them. Then they could send you new ones.
Love you,
Grandma Karen
Post a Comment