Monday, January 28, 2008
Florida is Rudy Country!!
Ok well as everyone knows I work at the portofino bay hotel which is on universal property. The hotel ranges from about 300-400 dollars a night but we also have italian villas, suites, etc. It's an italian themed hotel designed to look like the actual Portofino bay in Portofino italy and having been there myself I can tell you the resemblance is uncanny!! Ok so that was just a little background to tell you that in Orlando my hotel is one of the places that draws the most celebrities. Since I have worked at the portofino I have had the privelage of meeting/ seeing from a distance Robin Williams, Julia Roberts, the Rock, several athletes who I don't know who they are....and now Rudy Giuliani, Rick perry (governor of texas), and Jon Voight are at the hotel. As most everyone probably knows Giuliani has been heavily campaigning in Florida and has been at the hotel for about a week now. I have only seen him 3 times and the first time the manager of the hotel had all of us (the parking team) congregate on the ramp to meet him and his bus when they showed up and that time he pretty much just nodded, waved, said hello how are you to everyone and walked in. The second time I just saw him in passing and he waved and I saw him for the third time last night and he came up to my window and asked me when my baby is coming!!!! I was so shocked that he came to the window to talk to me, that I didn't even tell him the right time that I am due. That was pretty much the extent of the conversation...he said "when is that baby coming?" and I lied and said "uhhh....7 weeks" and he said "oh wow well congratulations, good luck" I said "thank you" and he waved and walked off. So I wasn't a giuliani supporter but now I think I may vote for him just because it would be really cool if one day I could tell Aiden that the president had asked about him before he was born! So according to Jarod, Rudy is gonna lose but who knows...his bus says "Florida is Rudy Country!!!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
That is a great story! I love that you lied and said 7 weeks??? Where did that come from?
7 weeks isn't too far off is it? You were close. That is cool. I think he has no shot too, but he was very instrumental in the 911 stuff so you can show Aiden his pictures as governor.. Still a cool story. I think Aiden might be a little more interested if he found out Pamela Anderson asked about him though..
you need to start taking pictures of you pregnant with these celebrities. Just run out there with your camera and say "Can I get my picture with you?"
Who is going to say No! to a pregnant woman.
Love you
You better get that pic soon...he will be done this time tomorrow!
unfortunately I could lose my job if I asked him for a picture or an autograph, as an employee of the hotel I am not allowed to do that...
i hope obama or hillary dont stay there later on. if they do, dont let them near aiden!
Definitely not Uncle David!
But that's so cool! I've never met anyone famous (yet!)
=)
Hey grogan why did you delete your comment?? It was funny!!
I think lying under pressure is normal. We were shopping for cars since we have two kids about to drive and when the salesman asked me my name I lied and told him Fred. Fred Grogan. Kim was so embarressed.
Post a Comment