Since I have 10 weeks left (hopefully more like 8 if Aiden listens to what I say) I decided to document the top 10 things I am looking forward to when Aiden gets here and the top 10 things I have loved about pregnancy.
Top 10 things I CANNOT wait for:
1. To see what Aiden really looks like
2. To smell his skin
3. To feel his skin
4. To cuddle and hold him
5. To hear him cry (not that he will do that too often :)
6. To SEE all his movements that I can only feel now.
7. To experience birth (I know that sounds crazy, but after all this build up I want to see what it's like)
8. To see Ben hold him and become a daddy
9. To spend our first night at home, with Aiden in his bassinet...just the 3 of us...and whoever else is here of course
10. To actually be a mommy (although this could go on the list of things I am most nervous about too)
The top 10 things I have LOVED about pregnancy:
1. Feeling him move
2. Feeling certain parts of him (I'm guessing butt/legs/arms) stick out of my belly
3. Watching Ben experience Aiden moving (and all the things that Ben talks to Aiden about...like his ABC's, reading to him, singing him songs or just "playing" with him)
4. Watching my belly grow every week
5. Dreaming about who Aiden will be
6. Planning and talking with Ben about how we will parent and our expectations/dreams for Aiden
7. Dreaming about what Aiden will look like and what his personality will be and Ben and I deciding which feature we want him to have from each of us. Haha if only it worked that way!
8. Having people treat you nicer because your pregnant...even though this does include random strangers who just can't help but talk to you or want to touch you.
9. Feeling a connection with Ben unlike anything I've ever known
10. Knowing that God is creating His child inside of me..."knitting him together" and preparing Aiden to be who he is meant to be.
Of course, these lists could be much longer because there are many many things I cannot wait for and many many things I've loved about pregnancy. I just wanted to jot down my top few so I could look back someday as I hold my little boy and remember what it was like to wonder about him.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
this is a good list.
I can't chime in on the favorite parts of being pregnant....although I am glad you see it all as a blessing from God.
Some reasons I can't wait to see Aiden would be
1. to see if he has hair and what color?
2. what color eyes?
3. what will his nose look like?
I am getting so psyched.
I am looking forward to the same things as Scooter;but dont write any more lists--they make me cry!!!
Love, Mamaw
Post a Comment