Thursday, March 13, 2008

Big Mish Mosh Post

I have a bunch of things that I want to share however none of them really go together so I am just gonna throw a bunch of info out there....

1. I forgot to mention that Ben and I drove to Cape Canaveral to watch the launch of the spaceship monday night. We can see the spaceship take off from our apartment in Orlando but we had never actually drove there to watch (its only about 30 minutes away) so being the wild and crazy kids that we are we decided to go after he got off of work.....everyone else also decided to go and we were stuck in traffic trying to get home until 4 am. Oh well it was fun and I got to sleep really late the next day so who cares. Here is a picture I took at the launch


2. Kimberly is so sweet to say that I look slender everywhere except my tummy but unfortunately.....this is not true. My face, legs, feet, and hands are all swollen. However; I have FINALLY gotten my wedding rings off. I have been trying for the past week to get them off because my fingers had swollen so badly that they were really cutting off my circulation. I iced them down and finally got the rings off! I dont think they will be going back on until after Aiden is born which kind of makes me sad because I really feel bare without my rings, but oh well. Here is a picture of my hand to show you the chubbiness in my fingers and the horrible indents that are left where my rings were.
3. Everyone knows the differences that exist between my husband and I....he is calm, level headed, patient....I am not usually any of these. Yesterday was definitely no exception, after the doctor's appt I went back and forth from happy to sad...I was sad that they couldn't do my inducement when I wanted and so I will probably go into labor on my own, but then I would feel happy that they basically said it could be any time now...so I rode the emotional roller coaster. Now I am gung-ho on the I am making this thing happen soon train! I am reading up on what makes labor come faster...how I can jump start the process. This is starting to aggravate ben (and it has only been a day...ha) he's all about why can't you just let this happen? why are you trying to plan something that is not plannable? why are you so impatient? you cant mess with fate....blah blah blah. Yeah well he is not nor will he ever have to be at this huge state of uncomfort, but I try to listen and take to heart that he is probably right and I should just calm down and be patient. Then I give up on that idea and go do squats in the bathroom!

4. Speaking of men and pregnancies....I think it's really funny that when I call to tell my mom what is going on with me as far as braxton hicks contractions, effacement, dilation, position of the baby whatever....she doesn't really remember anything about her pregnancies. She is always saying what is that again? I don't know if I had that....can't remember. But when I tell my dad the same things and try to explain to him what it all means he says "Jen I have had two kids, I already know about all this stuff." Ohhhhh Riiiiighht.

5. My doctor asked me if I was having any anxiety yesterday and that in the last couple of weeks many women suffer from anxiety and that it can manifest itself in bad dreams about the baby, labor, and motherhood...stuff like that. I have a really weird anxiety...I am not scared of labor or of motherhood or any of that right now. I am however very nervous about how large I am and that I am going to fall down. This is really weird I know, but I lay in bed at night and think about stairs and how scary they are to me now. I live on the 3rd floor of our apartment building so i face this fear every day, but for some reason I am just very nervous that at some point the huge imbalance that I have because of my huge tummy is going to make me topple over. Weird, yes I know.

6. My mom, mamaw, and mary ellen and maybe some others I dont know have requested the address of the hospital where we will be delivering. Here it is:

Winter Park Memorial Hospital
200 N. Lakemont Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32792

We will be in the "Dr. Phillips Baby Place" this is what they call the maternity/labor/delivery/postpartum floor. Phone number is 407-646-7425


Ok I think that is it for random thoughts time....

1 comment:

Scooter Cox said...

I am so glad you drove to the launch and that you took the pictures. The pictures are awesome. It would have been sad if you had lived that close and never driven over to see up close so I think that was an excellent idea. Sorry about the 4 am part.

I see the indentions on your finger but I can't really see that your hand or fingers look swollen.
I know how it can feel even if others aren't able to see it.

What about your feet?

How are your shoes fitting?

I do remember my feet swelling. Not to the extent that I couldn't wear my shoes but enough to be really uncomfortable.

Thanks for the address.