HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!!!!!
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Bluebonnets and date night
Yesterday ben got off early and we took aiden to try and get some pictures of him in his easter outfit in the bluebonnets. We failed to take a few things into consideration. For one he can walk now and he will not just sit where we put him and two the wind and all the cars going by were a huge distraction. So the bluebonnet pictures were not as successful as I had hoped but they served their purpose. Here are some pics.






Ben and I were not planning to be in the pics but when we realized that aiden would not just sit contently and smile we had to improvise. These are not our easter clothes, obviously! Anyways after the bluebonnet pictures we took Aiden over to poppy and gigi's house and dropped aiden off for his first ever night away from home. I am going to ask my mom to blog about how everything went later. On my 3 calls to check up on him, it seems like everything went smoothly! Yes I had to call 3 times, I'm sorry it's just what I do. Ben and I went out to eat at one of our favorite restaurants in arlington, BRAVO! Where I did not stay on my diet and ate pasta that was oh so good. The food was excellent and it was so relaxing to be out without aiden, no sense of urgency no trying to keep anything and everything on one end of the table. It was kinda weird, not what we're used to anymore. After dinner we were gonna go to the movies but we didn't know any of the things that were playing and it was already 9pm. We are so incredibly old because we just decided to come home and watch stuff we had recorded on TV. We came home sat on the couch together and watched TV. Again kinda weird, nobody to run after, keep out of the trash, yell no at about a million times, try to keep our phones/ remotes, etc. away from. It was greatness. I know that sounds like a very lame date but when you get absolutely no free time to relax and be alone it's just what we needed. It was great! This morning ben got up early and went to play golf with my brother and dad so I woke up at the very wonderful time of 9:20. I had my coffee on the couch and watched reruns of friends. Then I talked to mamaw on the phone for over an hour with no one trying to grab the phone or having to stop talking every couple of minutes to get aiden to stop doing something. It was amazing. I have done 4 loads of laundry, worked out, showered, cleaned the bathroom, and now blogged and I have only been up 3 hours! I am about to leave to go pick up aiden though. While it has been wonderful to have this time alone to get things done and spend relaxing and much needed time with my husband, I have really missed aiden. I'm so used to checking up on him when we go to bed, worrying about him constantly, following him around to make sure he's not getting into anything he shouldn't. I'm kinda bored without him!! haha
HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!!!!!
HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, now that you have discovered that you can leave Aiden with Poppy and Gigi and the world keeps turning - I have no doubt that this will become a regular thing. Good for you and good for them. It's just a win - win situation for everyone. After all she has had that corner up in that room set up for Aiden now for how long????
Glad you had such a nice date. And sometimes just watching TV at home is just what the Doctor ordered!!
LOVE the bluebonnet pictures.
would like to have ALL th blurrbonnet pics. Aiden and Ben are now "true" texans!!!
Post a Comment