And here he is this afternoon. You can hardly tell the eye when he smiles. He's such a happy little boy even when he is wounded!
Thursday, April 9, 2009
What's black and blue and yellow all over???
Aiden's eye!!! Monday night, while ben and I both looked on in horror Aiden fell into the corner of the window seal and smacked the side of his eye...HARD! I think I was just as shaken up as him and ben (of course) had to be the calm one. Just our luck Aiden was supposed to have his 1 yr photo shoot the following morning. Obviously didn't happen. His pictures are going to be more like 13 months now. That night it was a huge swollen red goose egg but it was obvious that it would turn into a black eye. Here is a picture from about 30 minutes after it happened.
I was hoping that it would be better in time for easter but the way it is healing I am betting it will still be bruised on easter. I tried to get a good picture of what it looks like now but of course he wouldn't sit still for me to do that plus it is kind of hard to get because the black part is actually on his eyelid so you can't really see that unless you have the right angle and then the areas around his eye are just really yellowed and bruised. So here's a little video where you can get a glimpse at the eye. Aiden thought we were playing peek a boo and then of course he went and tried to take stuff out of the trash can. These are two of his most favorite games.
And here he is this afternoon. You can hardly tell the eye when he smiles. He's such a happy little boy even when he is wounded!
Now tomorrow night Ben is getting off early and we are taking Aiden to my parents to stay the NIGHT. Aiden is almost 13 months old and he has NEVER stayed the night away from us so I am a little bit nervous. The exciting news is ben and I are going on a real date. We are going out to eat and maybe even to a movie. I know, I know we are CRAZY!!! haha. I am excited though ben and I have not been out to eat on our own once since aiden was born and we definitely haven't been to any movies so it should be a good night if I can keep myself from worrying about aiden. I mean how bad could my parents possibly do? He already has a black eye!!!
And here he is this afternoon. You can hardly tell the eye when he smiles. He's such a happy little boy even when he is wounded!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh my Goodness!! That is quite a shiner!! Probably the first of many. ha ha
I am sure that he will do just fine with his first night away from home. The more he does it - the more he will enjoy those little overnight adventures. (And you will too!!) ha ha
Oh goodness, that boy certainly gives you plenty to blog about!!
SOO glad you are getting a date night. I know it will be hard, but ENJOY IT!!! DON'T worry about Aiden and for goodness sakes, DON'T call and check on him. Your parents will call you if they need anything- just have FUN! And SLEEP IN!!!!!!!!!
You know...I took quite a lot of grief when he suffered a minor pinched lip while I watched him.
Interesting. Perhaps I should watch him more so no bad things happen to him at home.
Just wait till the 1st open wound with blood. He looks so cute, even with the black eye! What a tough boy! There will be many more to come.
Your family is right. When they are healthy and active these things happen. I'm surprised he didn't cut it. Cuts around the eyebrow can bleed like crazy. Also the chin. Usually looks worse than it is. Looks like he recovered faster than you did.
Have fun on your night out. Your parents can handle everything. Look how well they did with you and Jarod.
Love you all. GK
Post a Comment