Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the spectacular mother's out there! Our mother's day started saturday night. We went out to a french bistro to celebrate my mother and my grandmother. These women are two of my most favorite people on the planet and I really do not say that to suck up or because I want anything from them. Sincerely they are two of the most wonderful, genuinely remarkable women I know and I am proud to call them family! We had an amazing dinner and here are a few pictures.
Sunday my husband and son spent the day honoring me and it was a FANTASTIC day! For me at least, haha! Ben made me lunch AND dinner and then the afternoon was spent doing my favorite things. We went for a bike ride with aiden and then went to North park (mall here in dallas) to see if there was anything I might want. I still had money to spend there left over from my christmas presents. Ben and Aiden were both troopers as I carted them from girly store to girly store. We also went to the container store to look for a new TRASH CAN! I realized that I still had a $50 gift card there left over from our wedding. Apparently we haven't ever had the need for containers but we went and let Aiden get down and try to open all the trash cans and see what he could and could not do. He could open SOOO many more than I thought. I was very glad we took him to "test" them out! So we got a stainless steel simple human "aiden proof" trash can and of course it was too expensive for a trash can (in my opinion) but we had a gift card!!! So not sure who that was from but 3 years later...we are VERY grateful for the trash can! After the shopping we went home and Aiden and Ben started dinner while I took a VERY long luxurious bath with all my bubbles, salts, scrubs, etc. Oh it was so heavenly!!! I read 6 chapters in a book I have been trying to start forever and then when I came down, dinner was ready for me!!! Talk about a great day! We also spent the rest of the evening watching DVD's of Friends (my favorite show of all time). Yes my day was filled with all of my favorite things. Thank you to my wonderful boys! Now today was pretty much back to business as usual except I got the chance to "try out" my Mother's day gift this evening. That is another post though! Here are some pictures from today and if you are wondering...yes aiden stayed in his PJ's all day! He had a long day yesterday and we carted him everywhere so today he was a homebody! This kitty has found its way into our backyard and does NOT want to leave. Aiden REALLY wanted to be able to play with it but Ben said no. I am not a huge animal person but I feel sad for this kitty.


Aiden trying to figure out our new space age trash can! HAHAHA You can't!!!! He just goes and bangs on it instead but I will take that any day. And finally this is a really funny video. Aiden sees us talk on our phones all the time and apprently he has learned what you are supposed to do with a phone! He just puts it to his ear and walks around.

6 comments:

Scooter Cox said...

so precious with him putting the phone up to his ear!

What did you try out?

Inquiring minds want to know?

Debbie said...

AWWWWWW - that is just too cute!! Looks like yall had a very nice Mother's day dinner. Donita is quite the slim grandmother isn't she? :-)

Love - Love the video. Just too cute.

Anonymous said...

I am trying again... I have been on the phone with HP tech support for the last 35 minutes, supposedly this will work, new computers are not always the greatest, had to download something. As always, Aiden is beautiful. Keep your fingures crossed.....

Anonymous said...

OMG...... it actually worked, Aiden, grandma is back :)

Scooter Cox said...

Welcome Back!

We have missed you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Scooter...... I have been able to read the blog, just not comment.. good to be back