Monday (memorial day) aiden was up at the crack of dawn, he did not sleep well the night before, so we were up with the sun and ready to play early. We went over to my parent's house to swim and hang out for memorial day. My dad is out of town on a fishing trip so gigi got a lot of one on one time with aiden. Ben and I went to central market for supplies to cook dinner. After hanging out by the pool swimming and playing with bubbles for the majority of the day and after aiden had taken a nice long nap, we started dinner. Jarod and beth came over for some yummy steaks and grilled veggies, mushrooms, and salad. We had a lot of fun and I am hoping I might have even gotten a little bit of sun on my pasty white skin!
Aiden did OK with the swimming. Or rather being in the water, he was pretty fearful at first but then he learned how to splash and he liked that. The biggest problem I think we will fight this summer at the beach is the SUN, my sweet boys have such sensitive eyes. Aiden can hardly open his eyes outside and forget about looking into the sun. I'm on a mission to keep him outside more often so maybe he will grow accustomed?? I don't know. We will see.
It was a great day though, special memories. Dad we missed you, talked about you, and thought of you often! Sorry you missed it!
Strawberries...
And kisses
Happy boy OUT of the water!
All happy cuddled up and dry!
6 comments:
Looks like you guys had such a great time. Will have to catch up with you next time at the pool. LOVE all the pictures!!! Will watch the video at home later, can't view it at work...guess they want us working not...you know...reading e-mails, blogs or facebook....how rude... haahaa.
Glad you had a good weekend. By the way, you're looking pretty good in that swimsuit girl! Keep up the good work ;-)
GK
Ok, Miss Betty Grable!! You are looking mighty sassy in that swimsuit!! Looks like yall had a good time. Good Pics and Good videos.
We had the Kammerdieners down for some of Van's famous Pork chops and White Bar-B-Sauce. The BEST Bar-B-Q sauce in south!!
Glad yall had a good time.
he liked the pool pretty well after we heated it up a bit. It was a bit cold at first.
I am thinking we need some of that White Bar-B Q sauce when you come. We can plan a meal around it one night.
Cute pictures! I love the bubbles pic...nice face haha.
One question--why does Aiden wear shoes in the pool? Did I miss this?
No you did not miss anything except for that aiden got those swim shoes for his birthday to match his swim trunks. The concrete was hot so he was wearing his shoes and then just got in the pool with them but they are called "land and water shoes"...he's gonna be the cutest little boy at the beach this summer! And apparently I am gonna look like Betty Grable!!! That comment definitely put you at the top of my favorites list! :)
Post a Comment