So I feel like life is getting more crazy and hectic by the day. Aiden is doing more and more and becoming MORE of a handful. I swear I can't keep up with him. It is non-stop energy. Non stop moving, playing, going, messing everything up. This kid is crazy. In all honesty he is a GOOD boy. I mean he doesn't cry, he's kinda started to whine (only when he doesn't get his way) but he is just NON STOP! I am so exhausted, I swear! Like right now I don't really think he is ready for a nap but he hasn't had one since he got up this morning so he is in his crib because I am ready for his nap!!! He is up there just yelling, talking, throwing his toys around, laughing at himself....crazy! I feel like a bad mom because I have tried so hard to get him interested in watching tv...I know other kids watch TV. They have all these cartoons and kids movies for a reason! My good friend who has a 2 year old little boy says he's been watching videos and shows since he was like 9 months....aiden has NO interest of sitting anywhere for more than a minute! The other night I asked ben if he thinks aiden might be doing his "terrible 2's" like really early cause I think i might be completely out of steam by then!!! Ben doesn't think so but I'm still holding out hope! let me live in denial...I like it here. Also aiden still doesn't really "talk", he is very VOCAL but I just don't think he knows our language. He runs around putting all these sounds together like he's saying complete sentences...I just don't understand and he will sit and yell all these sounds at you. In fact I am getting to the point where I am kinda glad he doesn't know real words yet cause it would be harder to tune out the yelling if he was actually saying something I understood! In fact everyone said that about his walking when aiden learned to walk so fast and I was so proud and people told me "oh just give it a little bit and then you will wonder why we ever taught this kid to walk"....I feel that way now. What I wouldn't give for him to sit where I put him for even 5 minutes! Things were so much easier when he was not mobile. Now I feel the same way about talking...I am in no rush cause once he learns, there's no going back!
A couple of you asked me after the last video of the sneezing/head banging....yes he is walking around our floor picking up cheerio's and eating them in the middle of the video. I know what you are thinking, there's some good parenting letting him eat off the floor! And to that I say YEP! When aiden is in his high chair and he has decided he is done being in his high chair he starts to throw all his food off his tray on to the floor. I used to immediately pick it all up, sweep the floor, etc. But Like I said I am tired and now I have noticed that he's not actually done with eating just done with being in the chair and if you DON'T immediately pick up the cheerio's...he will walk around and pick them up himself. I look at it as teaching him to clean up after himself! and to be honest our floor is probably one of the cleanest things in our house BECAUSE we are constantly sweeping and mopping and cleaning it up after him. So that's my rationale on that! Here is a picture to that end of him eating the cheerio's that he has dropped in his chair.

Ok so since memorial day not a whole lot has gone on. Aiden and I have been trying to spend some more time outside getting used to the sun and he was really liking his little blow up pool but we think he chewed holes in it and we tried to cover them with duck tape (yes seriously how white trash can we be?) but we can't find them all so we think the $9 blow up pool has seen it's last days. I guess that's why it was $9. So I am going to be on the look out for a new some kind of toy that aiden and I can do outside. We took aiden for a walk in his wagon the other night and he really liked that but it is just too hot and busy around our neighborhood to do that during the day.
Last night we drove to plano to see my cousin brandi being inducted into the national junior honor society. It was one of the real "full circle" moments for us as a family. My aunt sherry brought brandi to my induction when she was a baby 12 years ago and now I took aiden to hers 12 years later. Pretty neat! I didn't get very many good pictures because there was some bad lighting in the gym but here are a couple.

My aunt sherry with aiden who was not cooperating.

Brandi being inducted! We are so proud of you!
This weekend and the rest of this next coming week pretty much the month of june is going to be action packed now that school is out and there is a lot going on and like I said I am already tired so I think I am going to take these maybe 30 minutes I have right now and go read or lay down or something....Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
7 comments:
yeah, a lot going on. cute pics!
This little boy just CRACKS ME UP!!
Glad you got to attend Brandi's induction.
I hope yall went out for ice cream afterwards. :-)
weird that you knew that! We did go out for ice cream and Aiden had choclate ice cream!!
Believe it or not, it's good that Aiden is so active. But I soooo know how you feel, Brandi did the 20 minute cat nap thing when she was little...killed me!!!! Eating off the floor...don't forget the 20 second rule....or whatever time span YOU decide...30 second, 20 minute, 45 minute....He's just fine.
I have a friend that says the reason kids get sick these days is because they don't have enough dirt in their diet. At least it's a good excuse.
When my 3 kids were Aiden's age and 2 and 3 and couldn't yet tell time, their bedtime was 8:00. Sometimes, if it was dark by 6:30 and I was very tired, I could be known to stretch the truth and tell them it was 8:00 because I needed to be 8:00. It never hurt them and it helped me alot. Hang in there and remember yo are not a bad mom!
You absolutely do not want Aiden to start watching v or videos or anything like that. Even though, I know I did it and sometimes it is a great babysitter it is not beneficial in any way. I know Baby Einstein makes claims that they improve brain activity, they have recently had to pull all those claims and Disney dropped them rather than potentially having to go to court.
TV exposure in infants has been associated with increased risk of obesity, attention span and decreased sleep ability.
Same goes for the computers, cell phones, ipods....
We are having an all day seminar called the "plug-in drug."
It is how kids do not have the people skills are thinking skills because they have been plugged in their whole life.
I was going to write all this to you privately but I thought others might benefit too.
Unplug the tv and the computer and go outside.
Or in Aiden's case, let him pull out all the pots and pans and try to figure out which lid fits. It increased higher level thinking!!!! :-)
WOW, Scooter...I'm glad you put this in the comment section. I didn't know about those Baby Einstein videos. And, yes, I've had the t.v. babysit, but wish I had never done that! Thanks for the info.
Post a Comment