So I spent the DAY on christmas eve doing all the things I should have been doing for the past week and then around 3ish we headed over to mamaw's for the great cox christmas celebration. As always the food was wonderful, the fellowship was fantastic! I think we hit all the traditional stories we must tell every year but everyone should pretend like it's the first time! We sang carols and took family pictures and then the annual "cox women in christmas pajama" picture. Then we started the mass hysteria of 18 people opening presents! What fun! Aiden got a bit overwhelmed with all the presents and people and started to whine but for the most part as long as he had a spoon he was good to go! Ben, aiden, and I were all blessed with amazing, thoughtful and generous gifts from all of our family. We are indeed VERY blessed with all the love and support that surrounds us!
After we had finished with all the food, fun, presents, caroling, reading of the christmas story and pictures everyone packed up to travel their separate ways. Mamaw, my parents, jarod, beth, ben, aiden and I were all headed to fort worth to my parents house to spend the night so we could all be together for christmas morning and see what santa brought for aiden! Unfortunately due to the inclement weather that hit DFW all day on christmas eve, the driving conditions were AWFUL! Kimberly and david were also headed back to arlington to their house so we were in 4 different cars trying to head west from mamaw's and no matter what highway any of us took we got stuck in non moving traffic behind ice caused accidents. It was awful! Aiden had had about enough after 40 minutes and we were starting to feel "BAH HUMBUG" about it at the same time! It took all of us around 3 hours and 20 minutes to travel roughly 40-50 miles. I was definitely distressed about the delay but SO grateful that we all arrived safely at our destinations. Ben and I literally saw probably 25 accidents and several cars we saw spin out directly in front of us. I think I gripped the edge of my seat the whole 3+ hours. What a night! Because we didn't get to my parents until a little before midnight...we didn't get to follow up on our christmas eve traditions of putting out the milk and cookies for santa and reading the night before christmas. I was bummed but oh well at least aiden won't remember and little boy was POOPED by the time we got to my parent's so I wasn't even going to try.
Sorry some of these pictures loaded out of order...
Aiden playing in the snow before we headed over to mamaw's....the ground ended up being much more covered than this, this was middday!

The hostess with the mostest! So precious!

Little boy is ready to eat his christmas eve dinner in a BIG chair. I love this little face.

Sitting and singing carols...trying to get that spoon away from him!

Mom with some of her presents

Me and aiden opening up presents

Cousins. Tiffany and aaron.

Mom and dad

Dale and angie

The grogan's got ben and aiden shirts that say "big guy" and "little guy"...aiden LOVED them! :)

This is better
Yeah out of order....so in love with this face!
This was during caroling too...sorry for the order

Annual girl picture!

and aiden with his christmas pj's
The boys in their UT gear! Hook em!
Brother and sister

Can you tell who the Cox's cheer for?!?!
Aiden opening gifts


Love the faces here

What a cute couple!

Love this happy little face

Beth alison modeling her new pea coat! Too cute!
Sorry for the messed up out of order of the pics but it took forever and I still need to move on to christmas day so don't want to take the time to fix it! SORRY!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment