Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Our home for the holidays

One of the things I have ALWAYS been excited about was the thought of being able to decorate our home for christmas. I have never really decorated too much since we lived in apartments or rent houses or what not. It never felt like home. So I was so excited to decorate our house this year! And what makes it even better is that ben and I have not spent a dime on our decorations. I have used little things that I DID buy for our apartment in orlando, Cast offs from my mom and mamaw and then of course mamaw's contribution to our christmas decor. She took me to decorator's warehouse (a HUGE christmas store here in arlington) to buy things for our house as her housewarming present to us! Awesome!!!! So all in all, I think our house looks quite festive. Welcome to our home for the holidays!!!
The outside lights! Ben did this with help from his brother! AMAZING!!!
The walk up
The wreath mamaw and I made. LOVE IT!
Front entry way
Family room...tree and mantle.
Close up of the tree
Close up of the mantle. The blue tape is there because our family picture is going to go there very shortly!
Looking into the dining area...mamaw and I also made this garland. I think it turned out beautiful.
Table
Sideboard in the kitchen with our "family" tree
Close up of the "family" tree. This is my way of doing the colors and look I like with the big tree but still showcasing all of our special things. On this tree are aiden's baby's first christmas ornaments and mine and ben's "first christmas together" ornament, one from our honeymoon, some that I bought while overseas, ornaments we have bought different places we have gone together and then the special ornaments ben's grandma Karen gave to him every year when he was younger. So basically there's the tower of london, a baby shoe, a palm tree, and babe ruth all mixed on one tree!
I don't really think this needs a caption...it's a cookie jar and a santa plate.
Arrangement of poinsettias in the kitchen
Breakfast area
This little gold tree is in aiden's bathroom.
And of course the cutest little boy ever in some christmas pajamas!!!

I'd like to thank ben who has been very patient with me while I changed my mind about a hundred times where I was going to put various things and he has gotten stuff up and down from the attic numerous times! Big THANK YOU! And I promise I'm done...

Now I hope everyone that can will come visit us sometime during the holiday season and see it all in person! I am excited to entertain! Happy start of the holiday season to all! I am so excited for this entire month!

5 comments:

patcox said...

you are really a "martha". your home looks amazing!! Ben could make a bundle doing lighting at Christmas. As Dale would say,"you, you have a gift." You and Ben have truly made a house a home. Looking forward to many more years of beautiful decorations and special memories.

Debbie said...

GURLL!! You have got it going on!!

Very pretty. I can almost smell the cookies baking.

Is your cookie jar and Santa Plate Fitz and Floyd?

Scooter Cox said...

The house really does look fabulous and Ben really should hire out. they are charging a bundle for that kind of lighting.

The inside looks homey and beautiful.

I can just smell the cinnamon sticks simmering!

Sherry Bryant said...

LOVE the decorations!!!! Love the big Aiden tummy picture!!

Grandma Karen said...

Your home looks beautiful. You and Ben have done wonderful job inside and out. I'm glad Bo was there to help Ben with the outside. I loved the little family tree. It was really special to see the ornaments I gave been when he was younger.