Thursday, December 17, 2009

Daddy's Little Boy

So it started slow enough. I used to would have answered that aiden didn't seem to favor either one of us more than the other. Since ben has been home more, that has definitely changed! We have moved full on into "daddy obsession". He always wants to be with daddy, always wants to do things with daddy, if daddy's not home he constantly asks me where he is. As far as I know he never asks where I am, so yea pretty much ben is the favorite. Some of the time this hurts my feelings. I said some of the time. Like when he won't give me kisses or hugs but he will to ben. When I get him up in the morning and hug him and he immediately says "where's daddy?" and then runs through the house looking for him. Or when I take him to school and he cries the whole way there "daddy? daddy? daddy?" like maybe I forgot that he's not in the car? Or the other day when I picked him up from school and he saw me come into the classroom he ran to me and held his arms out to hug me (it was one of the more touching moments) and then when I had hugged him for.0001 second he asks me "where's daddy?" GRRRRR. Little boy is going to have a tough adjustment when daddy goes back to work. Now those are the times that it kind of hurts my feelings. There are MANY other times when I am perfectly content to be "the least favorite" parent! Like when he starts throwing fits at places and I try to take him out or pick him up and take care of him and he's like "daddy, daddy, daddy" I mean I can't help it, sorry ben but he'd rather you take him out! Or when we go places that aiden has to be held the whole time and 30 pounds gets very heavy and ben tries to hand him off to me to carry for a while but aiden will have none of that, he will only be carried by ben. I'm ok with that too. Or when ben and I want to watch different things on TV and I watch in the bedroom and ben watches in the family room and we let aiden choose where he wants to play and he ALWAYS wants to be in the same room as ben, that's cool too. Alone time for me! Or the fact that I can usually go to the restroom or take a shower without a little boy banging on the door or following me in there. Not so much for ben, aiden not only wants to be in the room when ben is showering, he will try to climb in with him. Poor guy doesn't get a moment's peace! Yep I would say this being the least favorite of the parents is hurtful to me about 20% of the time...the rest of the time I think ben drew the short end of that stick. Aiden is attached to him like glue and I can carry on with my day without a 30 pound little mini me.

2 comments:

Sherry Bryant said...

OK....That is TOOOO funny!!! It took my kids a bit longer to be attached to Tom, but when they finally turned that corner.....YAY!!!!!! Sorry Ben....heeheehee.

patcox said...

It's a good thing when they want Daddy!!! Glad Ben is the kind of dad that wants to be wanted!!! Don't worry, Aiden still needs his mommy very much.