As far as aiden's verbal I am happy to report that the dr. now says he is AHEAD!!! What a change that is, for the longest time I worried that he was behind verbally but she listened to him put words together to form short little sentences and he pointed when he asked her where his body parts were...she was very impressed with how smart little aiden is! Yay!!!
I am also happy to report that I think we have officially beat the bottle battle! He hasn't asked for it several days and only asks for his "drink" "cup" or "juice". Aww my little boy is so big!!
And finally aiden and I are doing MUCH better about discipline. He still struggles with taking ben seriously and minding when ben tells him he is in time out or when ben tells him NO but I think maybe that's a relationship thing. Daddy's the fun one that aiden prefers so therefore he doesn't take his discipline seriously?? I don't know. I know that he minds me very well these days though. I tell him NO and he will for the most part immediately stop the action. I don't have to use a belt to strap him into a time out chair anymore, he will sit in his chair until I tell him he can get up and I don't even really have to have a chair. If we are in a place where no chair is available I just tell him to sit where he is until he can calm down and he will stay seated until I tell him he can get up. I am so pleased with all of his progress...of course I know the way this works, as soon as I have one thing figured out, he's gonna move on to something else I don't know how to handle now!
I was looking for some pictures I could share and mostly I have pictures of aiden just being aiden, crazy, silly, curious, aiden!
I can stick my finger all the way up my nose
wearing a plastic box on his head but doing CHEESE through the box!
4 comments:
what a precious little boy!!!! I could have told you he is above average in every way--did't need the dr for that. his mom and dad are pretty special too.
love all the pics. so glad you always have the camera ready.
the years are already going by too fast. can't believe he is nearly two.
miss him!
I can't believe that he won't be two until March and he is already over 3 feet tall!! WOW!! But, he does have some tall genes in his family on both sides. He is definitely going to be one good looking little redwood!! Love the pictures. Keep em coming!!
Wow, how did I get so far behind reading the blog? Oh yeah, I'm playing mommmy to a 15 yr old and a 11 yr old this week. You think you are busy now, just wait til Aiden is that old and you have to run him around town and help him study for exams. Anyway, don't worry about him being too thin unless he stops eating for some reason. Theodore and Noah are both thin, but it's because they are so active. Just like Aiden. Also, great job with the money management! I, of course will appluad you saving money by using your local library. Most libraries also have awesome children's programs these days. Mine starts with babies. Not just story times these days.
Post a Comment