SO new years resolutions...it's january 12th so I thought it was time I posted about my goals for the new year. I have so many!
First of all, do you ever feel like if you could just do this or that better or accomplish one thing or another you would be a better version of yourself? I always feel like that. If I could just get BLANK going for me....The blank is a multitude of many things I want to work on.
Second of all, there are all these things that when I was younger I would vow to do/ work on when I was older. I'll use the example of church because it is the easiest to explain. When ben and I lived in orlando we loved the church we attended but we never got involved and we never went to class. I made excuses about that as in "oh we aren't going to live here long enough, when we get settled in a place we will set down roots and get involved". I made excuses when aiden was young because I didn't want to put him in the nursery (and I didn't until he was around 1...what was I thinking?!?! nurseries are awesome!!) So now we have bought a house, we have placed membership at a congregation we really like, aiden has a blast in the nursery, and I still struggle with WANTING to get involved. So that was just one example of something I make excuses for or put off till a later date....
I could make that correlation with a lot of things...I am going to do better at cleaning and getting organized when I have my own house, hmmmm. I am going to work on my blog book more intensely when aiden starts nursery school, hmmmm. I am going to work out more often after the new year, hmmmm. You see where I'm going with this.
SO in an effort to make 2010 the year that I ACTUALLY work on the things I say I'm going to work on. I have made a list of my "resolutions, goals, to do's" whatever you want to call them and I am going to put them on this blog for all to see in the hopes that it will keep me motivated and on top of my list! I have 10! Yes 10 goals for 2010 and this time I have made them very very specific. I think resolutions that are lofty and vague lead to vague results...
For example I am giving myself deadlines, quotas, SPECIFIC tasks for which there is no gray area. Either it happened or it didn't. Period.
Also in an attempt to work on these things in the new YEAR and not just in january, I am going to write about a different resolution and what I am specifically doing to achieve that goal every week. One a week. So in 10 weeks everyone will know what all 10 of my resolutions are AND how I'm doing at achieving them. Also it ensures that in 10 weeks (when much of the world have already forgotten about their resolutions) I will still be working on my goals! I love this plan because it's kind of like my own personal accountability partner, my blog. Things are in writing, published on the internet, and at some point will even be in a book so if that's not motivation enough to achieve my goals, nothing ever will be!
So stay tuned for my (hopefully!) transformation into the better version of myself!
11 comments:
if i am not mentioned at the award ceremony you are in big trouble!
I too would like a shout out in the acceptance speech.
We running a race this year?
that makes 3 of us!! usually I don't comment either because I can't get my thoughts together,(please don't laugh), or someone has already said what I think.
ten is a very big number when you are talking about changing your life. as far as I am concered you don't have 10 IMPORTANT things to change. I have confidence you will achieve your goal. looking forward to reading the blog the next 10 weeks.
Jenni..your PaPaw Charley and I check your blog daily. It is part of our daily routine. He likes for me to read every detail of it to him. We are looking forward to the next 10 weeks. Maybe, it will inspire some of us to make New Years Resolutions and stick to them. We love you...
That's right!
I will expect to walk the red carpet with you too or at least be invited to one of the after parties.
10.....is a big number.
I am sure you will inspire us all.
Nice little teaser.
Don't mention me.. It won't hurt my feelings..... much
Hey! I am excited about the shout-out!! That means I have GOT to bleach my teeth between now and then so I can smile BIG for all the cameras that will whip around to look at me and your Mom! ha ha
You keep on doing what you do best! We love reading your blog. You are like the new Erma Bombeck!
Do I have to wear a tux??? When I was working out of town, I showed your blog to co-workers (females of course as construction workers don't give a rat's rear end about that stuff) and they thought that it was the neatest way to keep a family updated...especially when we are scattered all over the country side. Let me know when the awards ceremony will take place so that I can get a haircut...want to look good for the big night :)
geeezzz....thanks....Maybe I'll stop reading. Of course, then what will I do at work? haahaahaa
I love this blog. Even when I don't have time to comment please know I am always reading it. It is the one thing on the computer that I can actually look forward to.
Great resolutions! If you accomplish even half of these you will put 99% of all resolution making people to shame. Go for it!!!
Haha, see?! You're doing your own version of Year of Yes! Lol!
I definitely think you have the right idea with writing it down... it makes it a lot harder to back down from it when you can see it and people remind you that you said you'd do it. (I have 21 9-year-old's that do this quite well!)
You can do it!!! :)
Post a Comment