Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Santa Fe HOUSE

Ok so I have been working on these pictures and these posts forever and I decided that the pictures of just the house needed it's own post. This house was AMAZING! Like kind of like we were borrowing a santa fe mansion from the queen kind of amazing. It was a really cool house. I should know because I think I got to spend the most time there (I stayed home with aiden a couple of the days when he couldn't be trusted to go out in public) but DO NOT feel bad for me! It's kind of like aww shucks I have to spend more time by myself relaxing and doing whatever I want in this resort/ spa/ mansion. I just have the most rotten luck! :)
Welcome to our most humble abode...the front of the casa de santa fe
Back view
This is the moltz family's room...this picture doesn't do this room justice, it's bigger than this looks plus we have our own bathroom and awesome shower and walk in closet (aiden's quarters!)
Mamaw's room...again no justice. She has her own bathroom and walk in closet as well.
The family room. This is where we spent the majority of our time lounging and watching TV by the fire.
The HUGE kitchen
The dining room
The outside courtyard/ sitting area by fireplace. This is in the middle of the house.
You can see it better here. The courtyard.
Now let's travel over to the master suite...this is the master bathroom which was HUGE. This picture loaded out of order though.
Here's the king and queen's quarters! Amazing master bedroom.
The outside wrap around verandah! I held my own personal spa day out there one day.
The hall on the west wing of the house.
The formal sitting room where we did most of our card playing and reading by the fire.
A look into the formal living from the sitting room?
We didn't really know what to call this room and it was the least used room by us. We think if someone actually lived in this huge place it would be made into an office but for now it's like a sitting/ bar/ lounge kind of room.

This house was just spectacular. The pictures really don't do it enough justice. You could easily go stay there for 10 days and never leave the house and have a fantastic vacation. Some of my favorite moments of the trip were sitting by the fire (there were 8 fireplaces!!!!) and playing cards or reading. There are no pictures of it (my fault) but there was an attached guest house where jarod and beth stayed. They had their own kitchen, living room (with fireplace), master bedroom and bath. I meant to get over there to take pictures but forgot! Oh well. What a perfect setting for our relaxing vacation....the HUGE santa fe blog about the events of the week is coming!

No comments: