Aiden's first day of school was this past tuesday. We were all very excited and anxious about his first day at a new school. The differences in this school and his old school are for one he only goes 9-noon. So no nap time there and no lunch there. It makes packing him up for the day a bit easier but makes my day alone a bit shorter. Later in the month they will start offering a longer day on thursdays where aiden can stay and eat lunch and nap there and I think I will be taking advantage of that every now and then. So here we go aiden's 2nd year to school, 1st year at park row!!!
Everything laid out on the table for aiden's first day. His backpack, teacher treats, outfit with closed toe shoes that of course we had a battle over.
Breakfast of champions. I made blueberry waffles shaped like a heart for aiden's first day.
And the battle of getting dressed and getting off has begun, such differences than last year.
Happily sitting in his new car seat (yes zebra) on the way to school.
Side note: It's hilarious to me that now aiden remembers exactly who got him things and every time he sees them he will thank you again for example every time he gets into his new seat he says "ooh cute, gigi got it, thank you gigi!!!"
Standing in front of the door to his school.
Walking into school, all big.
Aiden handing one of his teachers their "teacher treat"
And then, he happily sat down and started playing with her and all the things that the teachers had put on the table.
I'm so proud of aiden and how big he is and also how sweet hearted he is. Aiden was absolutely fine but as more kids arrived and started to cry he would look at them and try to say "it's ok baby" (he calls everyone under the age of 10 baby) and only when they screamed and carried on did he start to look at me like "are you leaving me some place scary? what's wrong?"
When I picked aiden up I got a great report on him. That he is very sweet to other kids, that he never cried or got upset and that he played and shared well. So I think we had a good day. I hope this will be a great year. Now for fun if you want to then go here to my post about his first day of school last year and notice the changes and similarities. It's funny to me to see how much older aiden looks but yet his personality and demeanor and most all things are the same, except for that we didn't suffer from any crazy OCD shoe tendencies last year.
4 comments:
What a precious big boy. Love the heart shape waffle. He is a lucky little boy to have such great parents.
Glad his first day of school went well.
He is sooo stinking cute!! What a special first day. It's good to see that he wore his close-toed shoes. I know that was a battle of wills for a time. I also love that he is so nurturing and caring of the other children. It's hard to believe that he is so big. Just in time to be a great big brother.
LOVE the car seat!!! Wish they had cool looking things like that when my kids were small. He looked like he is ready to learn lots this year! I can't believe how big he is getting. I love that he thanks everyone well after the fact for things he's been given. Too funny!!
That's so adorable!! I'm no where near marriage or kids, but when I am, I hope I have a kid like Aiden. He's precious! I'm also VERY excited for you about baby #2 :)
Post a Comment