Hallie Leigh Moltz
Born 2-19-11 @ 9:45 pm
7 lbs, 3 0z. 21 inches long.
Here is her birthing story!-- (took me FOREVER!!!)
So friday February 18th I started having contractions. Not bad contractions but steady contractions. They started off about 8 mins or so apart and they moved closer together to about 5 minutes apart. By 10 pm on friday night I was really starting to think "ok surely this is leading somewhere right?" I told my parents (who were in san antonio) that I had been contracting and that I thought the next day, saturday could be the day. I also put my brother Jarod on high alert in case I needed help the following day. I wasn't able to get much sleep friday night but I did get some and around 3 am the contractions seemed to kind of plateau.
Saturday morning I woke up still contracting but not intensely enough for me to think we were anywhere close to needing to head to the hospital. Ben went off to work. I didn't know it but my mom had already made plans to fly home to be with me in case saturday turned out to be THE day. Jarod and mom both got to the house around 10:30 am and I was still contracting pretty regularly about 5 minutes apart but they weren't intensifying or moving closer together. So since mom had flown back to watch me and Jarod had cancelled his plans, I said ok let's go walk around the mall and see if we can get these contractions moving!!! So first we went to lunch, where Jarod took over timing contractions for me. He repeatedly asked "now why aren't we going to the hospital?" and "are you worried that we're 20 minutes away from your hospital?" Jarod started to bug me at the same intervals the contractions were increasing. And they were increasing at this point...after lunch we took aiden to the park so I could walk around and he could play. We also went down and UP a steep incline to look at water?? looking back that decision didn't make sense but I was in pain and did what mom and jarod told me to. Maybe they thought steep incline was gonna hurry baby up? Anyways after that I decided we had to be getting close and indeed the contractions were roughly 3 minutes apart so I figured it was time to start heading towards the hospital. Keep in mind, I KNOW the early stage of labor can take hours and even DAYS so I was very nervous I would go to the triage and they would send me home. I wanted to be SURE before heading up there and spending my $100 deductible :)
We (jarod, mom, me & aiden) started heading back towards my house where jarod was going to stay with aiden so mom & I could go up to the hospital. We got to my house, got aiden and Jarod settled. I went to the bathroom one more time before heading to the hospital and that's when my water broke! I had had suspicions all morning that my water might be in the process of breaking but I wasn't absolutely sure (again with wanting to be SURE!) but at this point I knew it was broken and they weren't gonna send me home from the hospital. Mom drove me up to the triage, I got out and got in there, they checked me and within 10 minutes confirmed my water was broken and my contractions were regular and they admitted me! I was admitted at 3:30pm and taken up to a labor & delivery room shortly thereafter. That's when I texted most of my emergency people to tell them it was GO TIME. I even texted ben who wasn't that happy that he got a text to alert him to the birth of his daughter. What can I say your brain doesn't exactly compute all those things mid contraction?? All of my family (in town) came up to the hospital to be with us and wait for hallie.
Within an hour of being admitted I had my epidural because my back was KILLING ME. They gave me pitocin about 7:00pm to get me to start progressing faster. Then when I was dilated to a 5 they realized I still had a tiny sac of water left that they needed to break and the Dr. came in to do that. So at 8:30 when she broke the last of the sac and I was dilated to a 5, they told me they would come check me again in 2 hours to see where I was unless I started to feel a whole lot of pressure then to let them know. At about 9:15pm I started to feel that WHOLE LOT of pressure and called my nurse to tell her I was feeling way too much pain, my epidural was not working and I was definitely feeling that pressure. She checked me again and I was complete and ready to PUSH! In 45 minutes I had gone from 5 to 10. They got the bed all changed for me to push, they got everyone but ben out of the room. I pushed for 10-15 minutes and then Hallie was HERE!!! I was really shocked by how fast it went once things really started going. Depending on when you start counting "being in labor" I was only in the hospital laboring for 6 hours which was wayyyyy faster than aiden!
So here we go through the day with what you really care about...PICTURES!!!
Sitting outside at lunch timing contractions. Looking back this sure was a funny morning/ day.
My brother, my mom, my son and I timing contractions!! :)

Admitted and hooked up!

Contractions

Ben & I are goofs!
This is what he did the WHOLE time I was in labor. Just sat by my bedside spoon feeding me ice chips! :)

Goofs and Horrible picture!

Dale's here! The party can start!

When I look back over these pictures I think it's funny that I seem to have my picture IN LABOR with all male members of my family but no female? Odd.

Last picture of hallie as a "baby bump"

Chatting and visiting while I'm laboring

My uncle tommy...

And when aiden got up from his nap Jarod brought him up to partake in the family time.

I wasn't out in the waiting room (obviously) when he came up but I love this picture. He walks in like he owns the place and thinks all my family has come to see me?!?!

Sherry brought him a toy to play with!

He's not sure what to think of my being in that bed...he would check me out and talk to me but he didn't want to come close to the bed.

Cutest little cousins ever.
Around this time is when I decide maybe I should rest some and have everyone go out into the lobby. Being the one in labor is kind of like being a christmas tree at christmas. Everyone wants their picture with you, you're the focal point of the room, but when it comes down to it the party can really go on without you...
And so I sent the party to the waiting room!
And PARTY they did...



I love all the HAPPY pictures of aiden. Of course he was happy. This party was complete with coke, candy, pizza, and entertainment!!!

Now I may never really fully know what all happened in the waiting room but there are a TON of laughing hysterically pictures of my family.

Mamaw apparently threw up water out of her mouth & nose laughing so hard?!?

Trying to get a group shot.

Waiting...

Dancing??

Running and yelling??

This one I love cause I know aiden's doing his hands like on the wiggles.

Maybe some male bonding?

Like I said I may never really know what all went down with my crazy family in the waiting room. We may or may not be allowed back should I ever have use for that hospital again :)
I don't know cause I was busy...
IN LABOR!!! Right before go time...
Here she is!!!
And she is MAD! :)
Beautiful baby girl 7 lbs, 2.6 oz. They rounded up for her birth certificate so I round up too!
Beautiful

Proud daddy!
Love the little footprints on his scrub shirt.

Meeting mommy & daddy for the first time...
Now keep in mind this was NOT the way ben and I had planned for aiden to meet hallie. It was actually kind of funny because right before I felt all that pressure and we figured out it was already go time, ben and I had called some of our family back into the room to tell them that aiden needed to go home and that he needed to leave at 10 at the latest. We never EVER expected that by 10 hallie would be with us. But she was so aiden got to meet his baby sister that night...

He did so GREAT. He was interested in her and sweet with her. He wanted to pat her and hold her.

Our family of 4 :)

This is where he's asking if he can hold her??

He lost interest in her after a little bit but he would keep checking her out from across the room.

Me & my girl

Gigi & hallie

Love this little girl sooooo much.

Mamaw & hallie.

Uncle Jarod & Hallie.

Aunt Sherry & Hallie.

Proud daddy & Hallie.

Daddy's little girl :)

Uncle tommy & hallie

Brandi & hallie

I love/ hate this picture. I look awful but it shows how incredibly sweet and tender hearted aiden is. He kept checking on me cause of the IVs and the tubes and monitors. He was worried mommy wasn't ok.

Aunt Kim & hallie.

Uncle David & hallie.

Us again.
Hallie you were loved so much before you ever got here and now our hearts are more full than we ever thought possible. Seeing you and loving you is like having my heart outside my own body. God has blessed our family so much and we are incredibly grateful for YOU :)
***I still have to blog the rest of the days from our hospital stay and from now being home and that may take some time. As you can see I have lots of pictures thanks to my awesome aunt kim who helped capture the event for me with so many beautiful photos! I will be working on getting back up to date though. In the meantime we are all happy, healthy, and doing GREAT!
10 comments:
I just loved this day! It was fun and beautiful..
I love the picture of Jarod and Aiden walking down the hall. Look how perfectly in stride they are together and walking EXACTLY the same!
Hilarious..
Love ya Hallie, Jen, Ben and Aiden!
LOVE it!!! So happy for you guys!!
Definitely one of the best days of my whole life. What a blessing to be there and get to be a part of such a great day. I am so happy for this blog and that Hallie will be able to look back and read about the celebration that was going on before she was even born. I am so grateful that you had such an easy labor and btw you looked beautiful.
God is so good!
Love you all!
Welcome Miss Hallie! Jenni, thank you so much for posting the story of Hallie's birth. I love it when family members are able to gather together to share something as specail as the arrival of Ms. Hallie. Charley and I are looking forward to meeting her in person.
Special - Special Blog. Not as good as being there, but glad you were able to document the details of such a special day.
LOVE this post!! Been waiting and waiting for it and checking multiple times each day. The waiting room activities....GREATNESS!!!! So happy for you all!!
What a great post! It still makes me sick that I missed it, but reading this makes me feel more like I was there. I love all the details of the day leading up to going to the hospital. My favorite pics are the ones of Aiden meeting his sister for the first time.
What a good looking family!
I am completely at a loss for words. What an awesome day!! God has blessed us with such a wonderful, loving family.
The picture of the four of you is one of my favorites!! That is a picture of pure love.
Another chapter begins and thanks to Jen for having the talent to let all of us be a part of it.
I am so glad you captured all the beautiful moments! I loved reading this post. God has blessed you so much! Hallie is beautiful.
You all are so lucky to have so many family members so close by. I'm so happy you had so much love and support at this time. Thank you for sharing the pictures, and the story that goes with them, with those of us who are so far away. Love you all and I'm glad you are all happy and healthy (although I bet more than a little tired by this time). GK
Post a Comment