Last weekend we had an amazing family fun weekend with ben's side of the family. Ben's sister Jenny & her significant other Alex flew in from Miami for a birthday SURPRISE for my father in law. Surprise for him, not surprise to us. We have been plotting and planning for months!!!!
They got in on Wednesday morning and everyone hit the ground running trying to coordinate schedules for the surprise ambushing David over lunch. Alison had David meet her on his lunch break for lunch at panera but we were all there waiting.





The Moltz Family!!!! We are only missing ben's brother andrew who may have to be photo-shopped in at a later date but HEY I say 9 out of 10 family members aint bad!
Grammy & grandpa with the grandkids!
David with his children. Jenny is about to have baby Max at the end of this year to add grandbaby #3 to our family!
And our family of 4! This is really kind of shockingly good considering the state the kids were in by the time we tried to get a family shot of us and usually just photo sessions of our little family can take hours to get a usable shot and this was like maybe 5 minutes. I'm impressed!








































Jenny & Alex fresh off the plane from Miami and ready for the big surprise!

SURPRISE GRANDPA!!!
I think he was pretty surprised and also pretty happy :)
As was this kid! Most of the time at least...
We had a fabulous lunch and kick off to the birthday/ family weekend!!!
Thursday night ben & I hosted a ranger watching party/ dinner at our house for everyone to be together. That was also a super fun (and LATE) night with the Ranger game. The kiddos didn't get into bed until way past their expiration times but it was worth it, they had a really fun night with their family.
The dinner table. Hallie & Aiden are there but off in the corner to the left and Casey came a little later but wasn't there at picture taking time. I of course am the photographer!
Bright and early friday morning we all came back together to have family pics taken by a REAL photographer. I'm not sure when the last time this family had a family pic taken was but it hasn't been in the last 6 years that I've been a part and definitely not since the grand-babies have been around so we figured it was time!
The Moltz Family!!!! We are only missing ben's brother andrew who may have to be photo-shopped in at a later date but HEY I say 9 out of 10 family members aint bad!
Grammy & grandpa with the grandkids!
David with his children. Jenny is about to have baby Max at the end of this year to add grandbaby #3 to our family!
And our family of 4! This is really kind of shockingly good considering the state the kids were in by the time we tried to get a family shot of us and usually just photo sessions of our little family can take hours to get a usable shot and this was like maybe 5 minutes. I'm impressed! After the photo shoot ben had to go back to work but the rest of the fam came back over to our house so the kids could attempt to take naps and we could hang out. Then we all went to lunch together before parting ways on Friday. Ben & I were supposed to meet back up with everyone friday night at the texas state fair but after a long night and long day for the kids and a hard day for ben at work...it just didn't work out. We stayed home and got ready for the rest of our weekend.
And then from there the Moltz clan headed out of town to the lake house for the rest of the weekend!
Saturday afternoon was spent cruising on the boat, playing on the jet skis, sitting on the dock, and just enjoying being together!!!

Ben driving the boat

Aunt jenny & hallie

You wouldn't think anyone could sleep like this but every time we were on the boat she would immediately fall asleep. Crazy life jacket & all.

Aiden being the 1st mate
Aiden & grandpa. Both happy campers!

Back at the dock, Alex trying out the rope swing.
And the jet skis...
I love this picture!

Alex & Jenny both have a new #1 Fan in aiden. He LOVED LOVED LOVED spending time with them and they were very sweet with him.
After an afternoon of playing we headed indoors for a yummy steak dinner, more family fun, and of course more Rangers baseball watching.

Aiden sitting with aunt jenny before dinner & talking about baby Max. It is amazing to me how much more he understands about pregnancy and babies in the tummy just since hallie was born. He was much more confused while I was pregnant but with Jenny/ Max he totally got it and was very interested/ entertained.
The boys cooking the MEAT.
And after dinner we had cake for the birthday boy!
Happy birthday David!!! Dad/ Grandpa!

This picture pretty much cracks me up. We didn't have candles!!!
After dinner chill time....

The girls lounged.

The boys played! (darts & pool)
Sunday morning coffee on the patio. Yummy breakfast and then back to playing on the water!!!
Aiden's absolute favorite place to be.

I love this picture too.

Casey being cheesy face!

Alex getting in some baby practice!
I think the rest of these PLAY pictures are pretty self explanatory!!! We had FUN!!!


After a long day of playing on the lake we had a chilli dinner and of course more Rangers watching.
Followed by a much needed thorough cleaning after all that hard playing!!!
And then unfortunately Grammy & grandpa had to leave later Sunday night cause they had work monday morning. The rest of us stayed for another fun day of playing on monday. Ben had taken a personal day to spend some more time with his sister.

Hugs goodbye!

I love this picture too!!!
Once the kiddos were snug in their beds jenny, alex, ben & I enjoyed some time by the fire pit before hitting the hay.
We played more on monday but I didn't take very many pictures and I think this post is completely long enough already!!! We had such an amazing time playing and hanging out as a family of 9 for close to 7 days straight! Definitely a tiring but very rewarding and enjoyable week.


4 comments:
Nothing better than family time. So glad you were able to pull off the surprise for David.
Love the family photos!
Too many favorite pictures at the lake to name my favorites but it is clear that Aiden loves crowds! The more the merrier.
You saw some really good baseball too.
Great memories to cherish and so glad you put it in your blog so everybody can remember what a special week it was.
I totally can relate to Miss Hallie, in that I can still fall asleep on the boat. With the gentle rocking...Oh yeah!!! Love the pictures and looks like y'all had a GREAT time!!
Fabulous, Fun, Fantastic, Family time!! Loved the Family pictures. They are awesome. And then I just have to say I love the two kiddos in the tub together. So cute!
We had the very best time. Pulled off a great surprise for the birthday boy and it took all of us to accomplish it. Thanks so much to Scooter and David for allowing us to invade your lake houses, ride the boat and the jet skis. A special thanks to Jenni for making arrangements for photo shoot. Love you all and look forward to all the good times to come.
Post a Comment