Saturday, November 12, 2011

T-ball games 6 & 7

Tball games 6 & 7 were rough games for aiden. I'm not sure what we can attribute that to other than that aiden was just kind of over it. He didn't want to bat, he didn't like being in the outfield but not able to get the ball. It hasn't quite clicked in his brain that he has to be the fastest and most alert to get the ball, the way he sees it all these other kids have already had the ball and he should get it. So games 6 & 7 were fairly rough on all involved. Aiden didn't want to play, it was frustrating for ben both as a coach and as a dad. It was exhausting for aiden. Just no bueno.

I came home from game 6 feeling sad that we had continued to make aiden play when he so obviously wasn't having fun. That's kind of a parenting dilemma...do you make your kid stay out there at age 3 when they are so obviously NOT wanting to do it? I don't think tball should be a punishment for him but at the same time, He has to learn you can't abandon your team mid-game. You have to see your responsibilities through to the end. It's a hard one. This parenting gig is tough!

I actually wasn't there for game 7, I was out of town with the girls in my family but my father in law was kind enough to take a few pictures for me and I got the whole update from ben after the game and it sounded very similar to what I witnessed in game 6.
Very first thing in the outfield and already there are tears...

Up to bat and he immediately loses interest and Ben has to help him bat

He looks happy here?
Nope. More crying in the outfield.
Having talks about "getting the ball"
Now he's baseball ready
He's going for it...
Maybe???
Nope. He did not come away with the ball :(
Up to bat again and even more sour faced...

daddy had to help again
Slowly pushing dirt around on the way to his base.
Not looking so happy now!
He had to be carried around the bases at one point...Yeah this is the biggest smile all day!
Alright and third time's the charm

Yeah now we're ok.
And we're an airplane on the way to our base???
Having a chat about staying on the base.
Yeah he was just not into TBALL this day.
Good game
Victory tunnel
Hands in!
Go Cardinals!
Aiden & grandpa.

I think this kind of sums it up :(

I can tell you (since I'm behind in my blog) that he played his last game today and today was a lot better. Just rough days. It's hard to be three.

post signature

2 comments:

Scooter Cox said...

the pictures are priceless. Even though he wasn't loving it, he will be very glad that you have these pictures to refer back to in the future.

I'm with him.......sports should be more about sharing. If someone has already had the ball it should be his turn.

Debbie said...

Love it. The audacity of that boy not letting Aiden have his turn at picking up the ball!!

Cute memories.