Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Bryant Weekend @ PK

June 7-9th we had our annual (we've done it twice now so I'm calling it "annual") family reunion/ family fun/ family weekend with the Bryant side (my mom's) at our lake house.  It was a wonderful weekend to be with all the family just playing out on the lake and enjoying each others company.

Since I'm just a weeee bit behind on blogging I am going to do my best to remember the specifics of this weekend but I may get a couple of details wrong, I've already confessed how bad my memory is these days!

Everyone besides us arrived at the lake on friday night (I think that's right) and then played all day saturday and saturday night. My family however wasn't able to come up until the morning on sunday and stay for that whole day. With Ben's job and various other commitments we had, that was unfortunately the best we could do. Hopefully next year (since I've already proclaimed it as an "annual") we will be able to be there the whole weekend.

So these pics were taken before we got there but they're just so cute and for the sake of posterity, I'm including them....
My niece Molly, So precious. Love that big toothless grin!!!
Aunt Deb enjoying some Molly cuddles on the deck on Saturday morning. I'm going with that it was morning cause Molly has her jammies on, I'm a detective like that ;)

Now it's time for some playing on the lake
Jarod & beth doing a fist bump mid lake. Aren't they adorable?
Beth hands down has to have the BEST tubing facial expressions! I was sad I missed this show. 
My brother has to be the only person who goes jet skiing in a full long sleeve shirt. 
Oh and he goes tubing like that also!
My cousin Blake taking a whirl on the tube. 
Uncle Van & Molly, I;m gonna say this was afternoon/ evening time on the porch. Yep I think that's right. 

Time for some dinner & Jarod at the grill. 
Dinner saturday night. 

Which brings us toooooo...Sunday Morning and now my facts should get better since I actually lived them! "Should" being the key word! :)
Sunday Morning we had church before we did anything. Here's my brother & I with our baby girls.

Aunt Sherry with Charley Bear in his fedora. 

Aunt Deb & Charley. 
I think Charley might have won the best dressed award for the day. Ehhhh actually more like "most talked about" outfits for the day. This was #1 of him rocking his fedora. We'll see #2 here in a minute. 
Waiting until time to go out on the lake. 
And here's outfit #2! Charley ready for the boat/lake. I took a lot of grief over this ensemble but I'm standing by it. Charley has his daddy's sensitive eyes so therefore I think strapped on sunglasses are awesome. Charley also has very pale and sensitive baby skin that I didn't want to burn so the hat & rash guard shirt were necessary as well. I think he's adorable!
Me with my 2 littles & Sherry, 
Cousins!!! Brandi & Aiden ready to go!
Deb & Dad

Finally! Time for some water sports!!!
Brandi & Blake liked to do little tricks for us while they rode the tube. 
And Some showing off too!!!

But it usually ended the same way!!! hahaha
It was so much fun to watch them. 
Ben giving rides on the jet skis to aiden & Blake. 
Daddy & Aiden 
This was probably the most impressive show of athleticism. My uncle Tom successfully skied
on 1 ski around the lake. I was pretty impressed. 
Go Tommy Go!!!
Beautiful Miss Molly 
My hubby resting in the house after a full afternoon on the water. 

And then sunday night...the magic happened...We have been TRYING forever to get aiden to ride the tube and he was always too scared, no matter what we said he was flat not gonna do it. Then somehow, some way...
He all the sudden changed his mind. I don't know if it was just a magical night or if it was the incentive of getting to go with blake & brandi but I find this AMAZING!!!!
I Love these pictures so much!
YAYYYYY Aiden!!!! So proud of you!!! And soooo glad that he loved it and will hopefully do it again! 
Hook Em Horns!!!
I just like this pic of my cousin blake. He's a cutie. 
Then it was time to ride with Brandi. 
Seriously can't get over these Big ole smiles!!! Love love love! 

Then if that wasn't enough...after tubing, they went swimming!!

And jumping off the diving board into the lake. 


I love it!!! A magical night for sure!
And here's the big group pic! Besides the Hutches kids who were either in other states or in summer school, everyone was there at some point over the weekend. It was a wonderful weekend (or day, in our case) full of family, fun, good food and just being together. I love these people so much and can't wait till next year! 

2 comments:

Scooter Cox said...

you did a very accurate description. Except that Aiden spent the night Sunday night and slept in the bunkroom with Blake. He was the only one that stayed longer.

Debbie said...

Definitely a fun time was had by all. Love - Love the pictures of Aiden tubing and swimming with Brandi and Blake. There is nooooooooo stopping him now!!