Monday, August 25, 2008

Eating, Sitting, and Screaming

These are all things I have said before but now I have the evidence!!! Aiden has started to eat baby food. Just once a day and we are still introducing him to various vegetables. One a week. So he has completed green beans and is now on carrots. We think he likes the carrots better than the green beans.


You can tell in the pics how he goes from, maybe, no don't think so, to definitely not!!! The good news is he is getting much more efficient at eating off a spoon. I know it doesn't look like it to take a look at his face but he is!

Ok now the second thing is he is getting better at sitting up on his own. He really doesn't want to. He LOVES to stand and has a lot of interest in doing that but even though he is strong enough he doesn't really like sitting up on his own. If you sit him up he usually always decides to play with his feet and so he leans over like a little monkey. The point though is that he CAN do it, he just doesn't always have a lot of interest. Here are some pics.
The last one you can see what I am talking about leaning over. The pillows are just in the back in case he did fall over on them. He was sitting up on his own. Also you can't really tell and I need to get some better pics but this is the cutest little outfit that his grandma (mary ellen) got for him before he was even born and before we even knew he was a boy. But the front of the little onesie says "His little lamb" and on the back it says "The Lord is my shepherd" and the little jeans have a patch on them that says "we are all God's children." It is a precious little outfit. And of course he is precious in it! Now lastly I have a little video for you of his "new scream" that I previously mentioned. It is VERY high pitched. This is not the greatest video of it though because of course as soon as he realized the camera was on him he stopped.

2 comments:

Sherry Bryant said...

O.K...That's too cute, and LOUD!!! Love when you put videos up here. I was wondering if he was in some sort of trance or going pee when he just stopped and stared at you. Too funny!!!!

Anonymous said...

HE IS THE CUTEST BABY EVER!!!!!!!! Ken, Angela, Dave and I were playing cards last night and I pulled up the blog to share with Angela. Dave and Kenny had to get up and come see what we were laughing so hard at. Then they got caught up in the moment. I think I played it 4 times in a row. That video of him screaming is great. And then the cute pictures of him sitting, he is a genious. The outfit looks great on him.
love to you all,