Wednesday, June 3, 2009

You know you're a mom when...

So I wrote in my last post what a handful aiden is these days. I think he gets a little bit more of one daily. Mostly cause I think he is just getting smarter and smarter.

 This morning we were doing our normal routine when he gets up. He eats cheerio's in his chair while I make his breakfast. He eats a LOT of breakfast. So I was making his oatmeal which by the way has to cool for like 10 minutes after it is cooked which is why he STARTS with cheerio's, then he has some yogurt and/or pancakes, then oatmeal is last. So he was restless and I let him down out of his chair to wait for the oatmeal to cool. I had put it in a bowl and pushed it all the way back from the edge of the counter cause I know he can reach anything that is on the edge of the counter. However there are a couple doors underneath the counter space that we don't have anything in so they don't have those child lock things on them and he gets in there and plays and that's fine. So today he opened the door stepped up inside and THEN got on his tippy toes so he could reach the bowl with the oatmeal and he pulled it down. Broke the bowl and tried to feed himself oatmeal off the floor. Thank goodness he didn't get hurt with the bowl breaking! But I'm thinking are you serious??? see this is why he needs to learn to talk so he can say "mom I am ready for my oatmeal now!"

Other things he can now do include going to the back door and trying to open the knob and waving bye bye. When I am standing in the kitchen he will bring me his sippy cup to put more water in and if I don't he will go try to stand on his tip toes and reach the water filter in our fridge door. See smart right?

The most aggravating thing that he has started though is being very VERY clingy. He wants me to hold him or just be with him ALL THE TIME. When we took him to the nursery at church on sunday he screamed and cried when we left him and he has never done that. He will just follow me around with his arms up in the air and whining until I pick him up. So I think my mom called during one of these little episodes and she was like "what's wrong with him?" and I said "nothing he is just whiney and wants to be held constantly and it's driving me crazy!" She said something along the lines of maybe he could come stay with her sometime soon and I was like DONE! When would you like him? Now? Tonight? Tomorrow? I'm open. haha. This is quite the turn if you have been reading my blog for long cause he just spent his first night away from us not very long ago and I was all worried about it and unsure and now I'm willing to let anyone and everyone give me a hand!  So long story short my family is going to celebrate my cousin Katheryn tonight. More on that in next post and I will be making the switch and handing aiden over to my mom for the night. This is where the you know you're a mom when part comes in cause since I have known aiden will be staying with gigi and poppy tonight I have been thinking of all the things I am going to get done tomorrow and I am so excited!! I am going to go work out AND I am going to clean the house AND re-organize my closet AND do all of our laundry AND then go to the grocery store!  In all honesty none of that sounds like any fun but the really GREAT part is that it will only take me a fraction of the time it would if I had aiden so I am ECSTATIC!!! 

2 comments:

Scooter Cox said...

I have been doing the same. Getting the laundry done, the trash taken out, groceries bought because I know I will get none of that done with Aiden here.

We are excited.

Sherry Bryant said...

Ummmmmm...hello....I'll take him any time!! Actually, it would have to be a weekend since I work during the week. Give him to me on a Saturday, all day and I'll take him all over to play!!! Park, pool, wherever...