Miss Hallie went to see the Dr. this morning for her 2 week checkup. She's doing sooo good. I'm proud of the weight she has gained. She's now at 8 lbs. 1 oz. She was born at 7.3 and had gone down to 6, 12 and then 6, 15 at our last 2 visits so that she's now up to a little over 8 makes me a happy mommy! :)
The Dr. said she looks perfect and we won't see him again for a month! Yay.
Also, last night was the first night ben and I both got some much needed sleep. Little girl slept straight from midnight to 5:30. 5.5 hours of sleep feels amazing!!! It's like I hibernated for winter or something with how refreshed I'm feeling today. Thank you so much Hallie. Please feel free to make this your new "norm". I really do hope we're getting there on the sleeping thing. I feel like I get into bed every night with a sense of trepidation "what's it gonna be tonight?" no sleep, a couple hours? Will I have to sleep sitting up holding her? --Yes I know that's a bad parenting move but at 3AM with a baby who hasn't slept your parenting tactics just go right out the window. We're looking for sleep, any kind of sleep.
Update on me, I'm 2.5 weeks postpartum and I am feeling back to normal (other than the sleeping thing). I've lost 15 of my pregnancy gained lbs. and I'm really hoping maybe a few more will come off before I have to really buckle down and WORK them off?? Here's hoping. Today at the Dr. some older lady stopped to ooh and ahh over hallie, comment on her massive amounts of hair, how pretty she is, etc. She asked me how old she is and I told her a little over 2 weeks and she looked at me and said "well you sure did get your figure back in a hurry!" and I thought Oh man I hope not, please don't let this be my new figure. It was a nice compliment but again really really hoping not. 2 more weeks till mama gets cleared for exercise and then it is GAME ON time!!! No fat girl this summer, I will not have it.
Although in the same line of thinking...I may not have to work as hard to get this weight off cause I've noticed it's increasingly difficult for me to get to feed myself a meal with both the kids.
That's it for the update. Aiden will be turning 3 next week, can you believe it??? and we are getting ready and looking forward to his birthday party this weekend. Should be fun. My babies will be 3 years old and 3 weeks old!
3 comments:
Love that face. I never knew it was possible to love other kids as much as your own.
I have loved a lot of kids in a very very deep way, but there is something about that face (Aiden) that just is very special.
I want him to tell me a secret :-))
Love the update! So glad at how well she's growing!!
Well, Glad Miss Priss let yall get a good nights sleep. Maybe when she gets up to 9 or 10 pounds she will add another hour to that? You can hope - right?
Post a Comment