I cannot believe it but my little boy is 3 years old (almost!!!). This will not be a sentimental post about my baby turning 3, for that check back on his actual birthday, wednesday :) This post is about his party...which we had this past saturday. What a GREAT GREAT day!!! Aiden had a blast and I had a blast watching him have so much fun. This is the first time we have included friends in our birthday parties and I was a bit iffy on if that should be a 3rd or 4th birthday thing but because of the arrival of hallie, I knew that my ability to throw a party at our house (like we have in years passed) would be somewhat compromised and that it might be the perfect time to bite the bullet and pay for a party to be at a fun place for aiden and his little friends. I'm so glad we decided to do it this way!!! I showed up with a present, a cake, and party favors and that was it! They did the rest...yes we paid for them to do the rest but still. It went so smoothly and like I said, Aiden had an absolute BLAST!!! So much fun. He was happy and thrilled and excited and over the moon and full of energy and just everything all at once. It was awesome!!! We had the 3rd birthday extravaganza at "pump it up" in arlington which is basically just wall to wall HUGE inflatables. Slides, bounce houses, and more, Oh my!!!! So here we go...
LET'S PARTY!!! :)
It was a "toy story" themed party cause aiden loves buzz and woody so much right now. He had a special birthday shirt with a 3 and a buzz on it. He loves it and wants to wear it most days.

Such a happy birthday boy.

Friends sliding...

Aiden bouncing...

Even adults had fun at this shindig :)

My brother, the amazing uncle getting into all the inflatables to play with aiden


Aiden wasn't the only one who had fun with friends!!! Me with my friends!
***I also entitle this picture, give me a break, yes I'm fat but I'm also 3 weeks postpartum!!! I'll work on it I promise!!!"***
My uncle and aunt (and awesome photographer :)
My brother and SIL.
Gigi & Poppy
The boys in the fam :)

Aiden wearing himself out

Brooks & aiden. These little boys are best buddies and even went down the slides either holding hands or right next to each other. Love it :)

Which gave us an idea!! Family slide time!!! Minus hallie...

We had a great time!

And then Jarod & Beth wanted their turn to slide with the birthday boy and this is how that ended...

Aiden got knocked in the eye somehow. He took it like a champ though :)
Grandpa & Grammy
Beth & Gigi

The Birthday boy catching air!!
Kim & leah
Love this! All the kids attacked Chris.
All of aiden's little friends who came to his party.
After play time it was time for pizza, cake and presents!!!

Aiden got to sit in the big pump it up throne reserved for the birthday boy!


Aiden trying to blow out the candles on his awesome toy story cake!

He needed a little help from mommy!

The cake
The presents, Oh my!!! :)

The goody bags.

Cake...
aiden was really starting to go down hill from here. So much playing left him more than a little tired!

He perked up for presents though!
And this present was deemed the favorite, go figure, another truck!!!

Trying to get a family picture, Aiden was not in the mood though. It was a great party!!! We missed our 4th member who stayed at home with mamaw. We don't think she's quite ready for pump it up just yet! Happy 3rd birthday sweet boy. I had so much fun celebrating you at your party!
5 comments:
I'm so sorry that we missed it! Just didn't want to take a chance since you have 2 little ones. But, everyone is doing great now! Can't wait to see Aiden open our super fun things!! :)
It was a really fun party and like you said the best part was watching Aiden's face. I loved seeing how he interacts with his friends. I love watching as he tackles new adventures. He is really quite fearless but still has a gentle sweet spirit.
Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!
Oh my goodness! You got some GREAT pictures! I love the slide pictures but that big group picture at the bottom of the slide with ALL OF HIS LITTLE friends is just adorable! Not many children have a group picture that big when they are just three years old. My very firt group picture was my Kindergarten graduation picture. Looks like had a marvelous time. Sweet - sweet.
Jenni you look so good!!! And I love the picture of him and his friend going down the slide together. And of course, the one with Jarod, Aiden, and Beth. Beth's face is great :)
Yet again great party Jen! I agree that it is precious to see him with all his buddies. Just further proof of how quickly he is growing up. About the aunt/uncle/aiden photo...I am embarrassed at how terrified I look..especially compared to the fearless 3 year old! Great memory, sorry bout the injury. I take responsibility, but I will admit as Aiden gets older and we retell the "great injury at the 3rd birthday"..I will probably blame it on Uncle Jarod.
Post a Comment