Well I'm a pretty big stickler for those "rules" of keeping your infant home or at the very least away from crowds for the first 4-6 weeks. That's what the Dr's recommend, that's what the books say, that's what "they" say and that's good enough for me. So hallie is just now being introduced to the world, slowly but surely we're getting out now that she's past that 4 week mark and this past sunday was her first to go to CHURCH!!
So I was up at 6:15 am to feed hallie and then I started getting everything ready for our debut as a family of 4 from that time on. I never stopped moving from 6:15 till we walked out the door. It was a big day because of hallie's first sunday but it was also a big day cause aiden is now 3 which means he can go to big kids church or "kids crossing" at our church. From infant till 3 the kids are kept in the nursery and then from 3-5 years old they get to go to kids crossing for a bible lesson during worship time so this means aiden sits with us in BIG church until after communion when they are dismissed to kid's crossing. So it was a big day all around!
So like I said from 6:15 on I was moving towards church, getting myself ready, packing multiple bags. A diaper bag for hallie, an "entertainment" bag for aiden to make it through sitting in the first half of service. Packed my camera and spare battery. Had to get myself, hallie, and aiden ready and fed. Had to take pictures. I learned quickly that 6:15 was not early enough to have started the process if we wanted to make it to class. We didn't. We made it to church but we were lucky to get that done. Things seem to always happen with small children when you're trying to go some place. Note to self, Must start earlier or pack bags the night before or lay out outifts night before. Lesson learned.
Other than the scramble to get everyone clean, fed, dressed, packed and out the door, our first sunday went off without a hitch! Hallie did wonderfully during service. She stayed in the sanctuary with us, still no nursery for her for a few more weeks. She slept almost the whole time except needing to be fed midway through and then promptly went back to sleep.
Aiden did AH-MAZE-ING at sitting in service with us until he was dismissed to big kids church. I was oh soooooo proud of him!!! He didn't even need or use all the distractions I had packed in his bag to help keep him entertained and quiet. He sat up like a big boy and pretended to sing along to all the songs even though he didn't know the words. He was so proud of himself and I was proud of him too, such a big boy :)
I was very proud of my family for our first sunday back and hopefully even the getting out the door will get easier each week. We were a tired bunch sunday afternoon though!

My precious baby girl all dressed up in her sunday's finest ready for her debut! I think she looks like a perfect doll!!

Both my beautiful kiddos. I may be biased but I think they're the cutest kids I've ever seen!
Aiden wants to put his arm "around" hallie but doesn't get that he should be using the arm closest to her. So cute!
Mommy & hallie, yes she's bored by me already :)

Daddy & hallie
Aiden getting ready to go into kids crossing with his temporary name tag for big kid church, they'll get him a permanent one made now that he's 3.
Sitting in the pew.
Moltz party of 4 :)
6 comments:
Yall are such a cute family!! I love it :) Beautiful children and beautiful parents and a beautiful, Godly family.
P.S. - YAY I WAS FIRSTTTT!!!!! :) :)
What a SPECIAL day! It was only yesterday that we had these same exact pictures of you and Jarod.
If yall looked this cute this past Sunday - I can't wait to see what Easter has in store for us!
OMG...Hallie's outfit was beautiful and Aiden looked so handsome in his jacket. The family picture was so nice. I agree with Debbie....if you can put all this together on a regular Sunday....what will Easter Sunday be like at your house. Thank you for sharing the pictures.
such a grown-up looking couple of kids,I'm talking about Jenni and Ben!! Debbie said, it was only yesterday when Jenni and Jarod had their pic made for their first church outing.
How can Hallie be anything but bearuful--haven't seen a bad pic of her yet.
precious family--so very proud and thankful for you.
Yeah for the Moltz family of 4. You did great. What a special picture and memory.
So proud of Aiden for being such a big boy.
Must be good "parenting"
Love you,
SC
Post a Comment