Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Surprise Miami Vacation Days 1-2

February 15th-21st our entire family of 4 plus ben's parents made a trip down to miami to visit ben's sister Jenny and our new nephew max. It was surprise to Jenny, alex, and max that our family was coming. She only knew that ben's parents were making the trip and this has been a particularly hard secret for me to keep, especially when I was down there a little less than a month ago! But somehow we pulled it off, or at least I think we did, she sure did act surprised if she wasn't!!! :)

This was a VERY big deal for our family and a trip we'd been looking forward to for quite some time. Since Ben doesn't get too much vacation time and it's not exactly easy to travel with 2 small kiddos, we don't do things like this very often! So yes we were very excited to get away for an entire week and spend some quality time with family!

DAY 1
We flew out early wednesday morning and Aiden started his trip off already on cloud 9 after getting to meet the pilot of our airplane. They gave him a little aviator book that they signed, it was really cute.
Ready to go!!!!
Be careful with that blankie Aiden. We've lost it on an airplane before!!!

Touchdown in fort lauderdale and got our rental van and ready to head on to miami!
Here's where I should have really good pictures of the SURPRISE!!! But Jenny ambushed us outside in the van before we could even get out to surprise HER so yeah I don't have pictures of that moment. Oh well. After a little bit of visiting we went out for some yummy pizza at the "big cheese".
Everybody say "CHEESE"!!!
hahaha I crack myself up!
Aiden taking a little rest outside. It was a long travel day.

We rented a rental house close to where jenny lives so that we could be close but still have enough space. It was a wonderful set up cause we had our own kitchen, bedrooms, etc. so jenny, alex, and max came over to the rental house most of the time to hang out with us and that was perfect!
Little Max. So beautiful.
Sweet 1st moments with his Grammy & Grandpa!
DAY 2

Day 2 we got up fairly early and had breakfast together before getting ready to head to the BEACH!
The boy cousins are ready to go!
Hallie sitting with alex.
Aiden is excited for the beach.
Pretty Miami skyline.
Sitting the princess in the WHITE sand.

She didn't really know what to make of it.
Aiden on the other hand....
I have soooo many pictures of aiden at the beach cause he was just so fun to watch. His happiness was infectious. He would run from the sand to the surf, dripping wet, laughing and playing and grinning from ear to ear all day long!!!

Love this little boy so much!
The bigger boys
Aiden in the sand. Those sensitive eyes make it hard for him to look at you in the sun.
These 2 beach babies spent their time catching some zzzzzz's
Max slept a lot longer than hallie did but I was thrilled we were able to get hallie to nap at all at the beach. She wouldn't do that at Padre.
Some adult games playing bean bag toss.
Love this kid!!!

Daddy & hallie
Grandpa & hallie
This is one of my favorites.
Our family
The whole Moltz clan
After a long day on the beach everyone just wanted to chill out that night.
Mr. Max= Chill dude

David cooked tilapia, salad, and potatoes for everyone and we had a fun night resting and visiting.

I love this picture also...the grandkids attacking grandpa. haha!

I have so many pictures of our trip that I want to share and I want to do justice blogging each thing so the trip is going to be broken into multiple posts!

To be Continued....

post signature

4 comments:

Sherry Bryant said...

How super fun!!!! The beach look so inviting! Glad y'all had a GREAT time!

Debbie said...

Good Times! I have never been to Miami. I need to add that to my bucket list. Looks like a good time was had by all and yall got some great pictures.

Suzanne said...

looks like you guys had a blast! that is so awesome. what a great surprise. loved the pics of aiden enjoying the beach and ocean---totally reminded me of our kiddos. there is just something magical about little kids expoloring the beach! love. now, you've made me want to go back! and LOOOOVED your red swimsuit! raaaar, hot mama!

Scooter Cox said...

what great memories. So glad yo got the group picture. Glad Aiden loved the beach. Miss Priss isn't sure :-))